cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Using data add-on with "no data" plan

@davepizzapublic wrote:

Correct, it's not what I asked, but I found the quote in the first answer "Many users choose to go your route and use a base plan as low as $10 per 30 days then purchase add on minutes / data a couple times a year" to be surprising as that seemed to imply I could get talk with a $10 plan. I am new to the service, so I wasn't sure.

@davepizzapublicI edited my reply for clarification

Many users choose to go your route and use a limited talk/text base plan (50 minutes + 50 texts) at $10 per 30 days then purchase add on minutes / data a couple times a year as they need them. Saves a great deal of money for those that use less data and do not text often.

Oracle

@davepizzapublic wrote:

Correct, it's not what I asked, but I found the quote in the first answer "Many users choose to go your route and use a base plan as low as $10 per 30 days then purchase add on minutes / data a couple times a year" to be surprising as that seemed to imply I could get talk with a $10 plan. I am new to the service, so I wasn't sure.

The $10 plan comes with limited talk and text.  This makes the plan eligible to purchase add-on minutes.  Add-on data purchase is also possible as already confirmed.  The only thing not available is add-on SMS.

Mayor / Maire

Just to clarify, as I don't see it mentioned specifically, there is a 'ready made' plan for the $10 50/50 talk/SMS option, which is different from the 10-day plan selection, in the plan builder, which is simply the starting value of a 30-day plan, when you further add at least 1 of 3 options (talk, SMS, Data).  The plan builder option of 30-day without a talk or SMS or data selection is not valid, and add-ons for long distance talk options must have a minimum of province-wide talk selected.  A no-data selection is the only selection where data can be added as an add-on, without the base selected in the plan.