cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Add-ons without a base plan

garyyau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys. I have an interesting situation which I'm curious whether anyone would be able to help me out with.

I'm moving out of the country so I'm going to be cancelling my Public Mobile plan. From what I've found, all I need to do is cancel autopay and it will automatically stop working on its own. However, I'm currently on a US (10-days) roaming plan and I still need that until I get my new phone number set up. My cycle ends on the 17th, as does the 10-days limit (by my calculation) and I have $25 credit in my account. I was hoping to get another 10-days while not renewing the base plan. Does anyone know if that would work, or what the best option might be?

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Why don't you move your plan down to the $15 plan. Add $5 to the $10 to get the $15 - 10 day talk and text Us roaming?

@garyyau wrote:

Hey guys. I have an interesting situation which I'm curious whether anyone would be able to help me out with.

I'm moving out of the country so I'm going to be cancelling my Public Mobile plan. From what I've found, all I need to do is cancel autopay and it will automatically stop working on its own. However, I'm currently on a US (10-days) roaming plan and I still need that until I get my new phone number set up. My cycle ends on the 17th, as does the 10-days limit (by my calculation) and I have $25 credit in my account. I was hoping to get another 10-days while not renewing the base plan. Does anyone know if that would work, or what the best option might be?

Thanks. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@garyyau wrote:

Thanks. 

It won't work.  You need to have an active base plan in order for the US roaming add-on to work.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.