cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Add-on Data

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My wife's 250mb was fully consumed and she is now drawing down on the 1gb reserve for the next 7days. Will she get any "alert/warning" message if the reserve gets too low? At what point would such an alert kick-in?

thanks Community for your responses. 

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Koombassi : It might depend on how they name it. All my data buckets have different names. When the 1gb price dropped I bought two. So they stacked with the same name but 2048 total.

Koombassi

@Anonymous 

My wife is a very low data consumer; hence the $15 plan. The 1gb add-on is a safety measure. So, it has served its purpose. I keep track of both our accounts and I imagine it will be some time before she gets to the point of needing another 1gb add-on.
On that point, if another 1gb is added, will there be two add-on lines displayed or only one with the total of both? Does my question make sense?

@Koombassi 

Pm sends texts at 75% and 95% of the total data on the account as correctly identified by @esjliv. I personally ensure that I have the correct dates set for my data tracker. I then set my data warning at 25% of my plan data and my data limiter at 50%. I then reset accordingly. This way I dont have a costly lesson if I accidently get bounced of wifi ( like they other day when I was playing a youtube video!) or some weird app goes crazy eating up data.....

If I depended on pm texts I would burn thru about $225 worth of add on data before I would get the 75% usage text from public mobile. I'm a little surprised @Anonymous was unsure on this?!! I respectfully suggest you change your solution to @esjliv correct post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Koombassi : Right. So if you do get a 75% warning please do report back at which number it happens. Will you see 955 / 1024 or 768 / 1024. What is it at now?

Until then one might turn off the solution until further notice. I'm not convinced of the chosen solution. But that's just me.

@Koombassi wrote:

@Anonymous 

Good question. I checked my wife's phone (texts) and no, no messages were sent. What got my attention on this was when I checked her Overview tab I noticed the 250mb plan was missing and the add-on 1gb was being drawn down. Hence, my enquiry. 

@Koombassi Well, if she keeps using data in this cycle and reaches the 75% of 1274mb total  ( 250mb + 1024mb), she should see the text then.

Koombassi

@Anonymous 

Good question. I checked my wife's phone (texts) and no, no messages were sent. What got my attention on this was when I checked her Overview tab I noticed the 250mb plan was missing and the add-on 1gb was being drawn down. Hence, my enquiry. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

@Koombassi   there is no alert with the bonus data.

This is good to know!

Not mentioned in PM's 'user manual'.

@Koombassi @hTideGnow @Meow 

As far as I knew, the 75% and the 95% texts from Public Mobile calculate by adding the Plan Data PLUS whatever balances you have left in any addons.

If this has changed or someone experienced something different let me know.

SO, for example, I have:

250MB (Plan Data) + 2GB(2048MB) (Addon) = 2298MB 100% total

Therefore, I should receive a 75% text when I reach 1723.50MB of 2298MB.

Then again at 95% text when I reach 2183.1MB of 2298MB.

When you have addons the 100% of your total data will fluctuate each cycle if you are eating into your addons a bit each time.

So, what I do is, I use Data Witness app and set my plan with ONLY 250MB in the settings and ignore(do not enter) the addons altogether.

I set the limits I receive on my 250MB through the Data Witness app, and I should not go over my plan data mistakenly...AGAIN. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Koombassi : Did you get any warnings as you approached using up the plan data? I seem to think the warnings will come as you use your add-on down some before your renewal.

@hTideGnow wrote:

@Koombassi   there is no alert with the bonus data.

This is good to know!

Not mentioned in PM's 'user manual'.

Koombassi

@hTideGnow @HALIMACS @Anonymous 

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions and quick attention. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi   there is no alert with the bonus data.  Just keep checking My account

And easier way is to get some help from Apps.  Are you on Android or iOS?

Android's Data Counter Widget can show how much data consumed now with a widget on the Home screen, easy to check without any clicks

for iOS, try My Data Manager

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi 

I would be very wary of the PM data alert warnings.

They have been known to be wonky and sometimes inaccurate, especially when bonus or add-on data begins being consumed beyond one's data cycle allotment.

I would recommend referring to the self-serve page under My Data and Add-On's section for the definitive value showing data allotment remaining (and also under the "My Promotions" section which shows any bonus or add-on data if applicable) in your plan.

HALIMACS_0-1637011934863.png

HALIMACS_0-1637012219880.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Koombassi 

you get a text message when you've used 75% and 95% of the data included in your plan.

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

Need Help? Let's chat.