cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used to have free data add-one, are they gone?

michsend
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On my son's phone, we had been given some free data add-ons, taking his total to 3 GB a month.  That's his original 1 GB at 3G speed, plus 2 more.  Today when he went to use data, he found he has used up his 1 GB and the free add-ons are no more.

Have they been taken away, does anyone know?  It would have been nice to get some kind of warning ...

6 REPLIES 6

@michsend wrote:

Thank you.  But has anyone else lost these free data add-ons without warning?

I have observed that with a data add-on on your account, NO data warnings are sent. Not for the base plan amount, and also not for the bonus data.

Data usage warnings seem to be sent if you have base plan data ONLY at this time...

My guess is that @michsend  thought the two 1Gb data add-ons were for every month, not one time only! He says son has the 1Gb data plan plus the two 1Gb add-ons taking the total data to 3Gb every month. Wrong...., the two free gifts of 1Gb are one time use only, once used up they are gone. They are insurance policies to get you through a few days with no data if you use up all of your plans data a few days too soon.

Unless it was a different promo you are referring to....

AE_Collector

@michsend 

@michsend wrote:

From my experience, I got warning when my regular data plan allottment is running out, but not the data add ons.  

Its never happened to me @michsend.  Please contact a moderator and ask them to confirm the usage if you feel that its in error. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@michsend wrote:

michsend
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@michsend there is a 75% and 95% data used text warning message sent from PM  number 611. Could you see if he got them? Thanks. If the data, isn't showing in your sons self service account it's probably  used up. Check his data usage history after 12 midnight eastern tonight. 

@michsend wrote:

On my son's phone, we had been given some free data add-ons, taking his total to 3 GB a month.  That's his original 1 GB at 3G speed, plus 2 more.  Today when he went to use data, he found he has used up his 1 GB and the free add-ons are no more.

Have they been taken away, does anyone know?  It would have been nice to get some kind of warning ...

Need Help? Let's chat.