cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used "INTL Long Distance" despite no INTL long distance calls?

peroxide
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having a really hard time grasping how Public Mobile calculates it's usage. I don't make phone calls on a regular basis and if I do, it's never international. I have the boosters from the holidays which are slowly being used despite this.

Is there any sort of explanation? 

Another question is there's a number which keeps showing up as called, which I am not calling. Why or how could this happen?

7 REPLIES 7

peroxide

I'm just special actually. Forgot phones have better call logs. 😉

Cheers!

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

peroxide

Hey, thanks all. Kinda forgot about this post, but the number was definitely voicemail, I didn't realize it would still show up despite me never actually accessing it.

As for the additional minutes, there is always that one call you make and forget to ask them to call you for the free incoming. 🙂

Cheers.

@peroxide 

Are you on the $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes? I believe @esjliv had correctly identified that you are "slowly" consuming the international calling add on as you exceed your monthly allotment of outgoing minutes. If you intended to save that calling add on for the occasional international call you should purchase the $5/500min add on. Then when you exceed plan minutes your canada wide calls will pull from the much cheaper add on ($0.01 vs $0.03 or $0.0375).

@peroxide 

As mentioned above, the last two XMAS holiday promotions including bonus talk add ons with international calling.  That is the  likely reason why you can call certain international countries. If you want, you can screenshot your overview page showing your adds on section.  You will be able to call long distance until you use up all your minutes.  The unused minutes roll over to next month.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@peroxide 

I would guess the number you are seeing is your voicemail access number. As @cavemantoronto refers in their post. It shows up in your usage when you go into your voicemail yourself or someone calls you (even if they did not go to voicemail).

Here are the list of Voicemail Access Numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

If the number you are seeing is not in this list...what is the number?

The "$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US" bonus gifts Public Mobile gave away, in December 2020/January 2021, also includes Canada-wide calling.

So if you depleted your Plan Minutes within any point during your Plan cycle, then this Addon would have kicked in for any calls made to Canadian numbers.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@peroxide wrote:

I'm having a really hard time grasping how Public Mobile calculates it's usage. I don't make phone calls on a regular basis and if I do, it's never international. I have the boosters from the holidays which are slowly being used despite this.

Is there any sort of explanation? 

Another question is there's a number which keeps showing up as called, which I am not calling. Why or how could this happen?

The number ending in 4001 is voicermail.  It's there when calls gets forwarded to vociemaiul. It doesn't mean a call is made.

Where does it say you called? Are you you sure it doesn't say it's a text?  There's phone that send text to Google or Apple without telling you.

Need Help? Let's chat.