Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased us bundle roaming, shows up under add- on

data works 

but talk/text not working.

35 REPLIES 35

Salma1234

Hello just an update on my situation: 

Purchased my  u.s roaming last Tuesday April 30th.... but still I do not have phone / text service. I purchased the us talk text data bundle and the only thing that works is data. 

Any suggestions? 

Moderators have not provided me with a solution.  Left hanging and no service.... 

Should I be refunded? 

Should I just go with a different provider- I’m really disappointed in PM customer Service. 

Are they going to Fix this ???? the lack of communication is ridiculous. 

Its almost been a week. 

Frustrated!!!!

Salma1234

I agree with you... 

ill keep you posted

@Salma1234 wrote:

Hello 

I manually selected the network again yesterday, but it did not make any difference, nothing kicked in. At this point it’s Friday, and I still have not been able to use my calling or texting feature since Wednesday. I don’t know, but I haven’t heard anything back from the moderators I’m starting to think this is not going to be resolved. 

How long does it usually take for a moderator to even acknowledge your post?

@Salma1234It has been reported that PM is experiencing issues on their backend systems with some of the accounts not being able to connect to the PM network and I'm wondering if you account is one of the accounts affected and that's why the calling texting is not working. In any event when you get back you should request a refund IMHO if they can't resolve it in a timely fashion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Salma1234 wrote:

Yes PM 

End it has always worked.

With all the ridiculous problems going on right now, I wonder if roaming add-ons have been somehow affected. That and the delays for mods with what's going on.

Salma1234

Yes PM 

End it has always worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Salma1234 wrote:

I have a galaxy J7 

Model 

sm-j700m 

Ver

side note- 

I have had this phone for 2 1/2 years, and whenever I come to the United States, the US roaming plan works fine. 

...using PM roaming add-ons? Or a different service? (I know...semantics...but you didn't specify 🙂 )

Salma1234

I have a galaxy J7 

Model 

sm-j700m 

Ver

side note- 

I have had this phone for 2 1/2 years, and whenever I come to the United States, the US roaming plan works fine. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Salma1234 

What specific make/model phone and what OS version is it running?

Salma1234

Hello 

I manually selected the network again yesterday, but it did not make any difference, nothing kicked in. At this point it’s Friday, and I still have not been able to use my calling or texting feature since Wednesday. I don’t know, but I haven’t heard anything back from the moderators I’m starting to think this is not going to be resolved. 

How long does it usually take for a moderator to even acknowledge your post?

@Salma1234 wrote:

I have only purchased the bundle talk text and data. It’s still not working except for the data. I am not going back in to  purchase a second one, I’m waiting on the moderators, who have not gotten back to me since yesterday. I sent them a second message.

At this point I’ve been in the United States and able to use my phone for almost 2 days.

Im wondering is there another way to handle this situation? Can I communicate with someone directly, so that we can have faster results? Is there a phone number that I can speak to someone where I can let them know what my situation is and they can just press a button and fix this so quickly. I don’t understand why we are spending so much time going back-and-forth with Messages? It seems inefficient.

@Salma1234I did some more digging and others have suggested that in order to get the call/texting to work go into your network settings and manually select network. You may need to select AT&T or T~Mobile. Might be worth a try at this point.

@Salma1234 wrote:

I have only purchased the bundle talk text and data. It’s still not working except for the data. I am not going back in to  purchase a second one, I’m waiting on the moderators, who have not gotten back to me since yesterday. I sent them a second message.

At this point I’ve been in the United States and able to use my phone for almost 2 days.

Im wondering is there another way to handle this situation? Can I communicate with someone directly, so that we can have faster results? Is there a phone number that I can speak to someone where I can let them know what my situation is and they can just press a button and fix this so quickly. I don’t understand why we are spending so much time going back-and-forth with Messages? It seems inefficient.

@Salma1234Unfortunately waiting for a reply from the @CS_Agent is the only available option to resolve your problem. Hopefully there is a moderator online that might be able to speed up the process because 2 days of downtime on a 10 day add-on is not acceptable.

Edit: In the meantime if you have an Android phone download Hangouts dialer or similar from the play store to make calls to anywhere in NA for free.

Salma1234

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 wrote:

OP says his US Roaming data Add-on is working. My though was he could buy the US Roaming talk/text Add-on...not the one he currently has but doesn't work. It was just a thought.

@hairbag1 please never recommend anyone purchase > 1 of US Roaming Talk or US Roaming Text.  Either will fail if >1 of it is active at a time.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Salma1234 wrote:

Ok thanks for the advice! 

Ill wait for their response tomorrow....

@Salma1234, is your phone equipped with dual sim slots ? If so, try removing sim from slot 1 and install it in slot 2.

@geopublic wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Salma1234 wrote:

Hello 

I have not heard back from the moderator team which I contacted over eight hours ago. Not sure what to do, but I have been without a phone all day. I tried the lost and stolen suspend and resume trick that you described to me. I rebooted my phone, and still it will show that I have added on the bundle plan for $20, however I still cannot talk or text. The only thing that is working is the data on my phone. 

Do you feel lucky ? How about re-buying a US Roaming Add-on plan and see if you can get it to work ? I know it sounds...chancey, but you've done eveything else to try to get it going.

Maybe the moderators may adjust your costs if this works.

Good luck and let us know if you do try it.

Bad idea purchasing two of the same us roaming add-ons is not recommended.

OP says his US Roaming data Add-on is working. My though was he could buy the US Roaming talk/text Add-on...not the one he currently has but doesn't work. It was just a thought.

Salma1234

Ok thanks for the advice! 

Ill wait for their response tomorrow....

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Salma1234 wrote:

Hello 

I have not heard back from the moderator team which I contacted over eight hours ago. Not sure what to do, but I have been without a phone all day. I tried the lost and stolen suspend and resume trick that you described to me. I rebooted my phone, and still it will show that I have added on the bundle plan for $20, however I still cannot talk or text. The only thing that is working is the data on my phone. 

Do you feel lucky ? How about re-buying a US Roaming Add-on plan and see if you can get it to work ? I know it sounds...chancey, but you've done eveything else to try to get it going.

Bad idea purchasing two of the same us roaming add-ons is not recommended.

@Salma1234 wrote:

Hello 

@Salma1234 wrote:

Hello 

@Salma1234 normally it should not take that long. There must be a larger than normal incident volume. Looks like it won't be until sometime tomorrow.

Salma1234

Hello 

@Salma1234 wrote:

I contacted the moderator about an hour ago, let’s see what happens . 

Thank you for assistance. I will try the lost and stolen track and see if that activates my plan. 

@Salma1234  hopefully the @CS_Agent will get back to you soon.Smiley Happy

That is unusual then. Give this a try....Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen...Click SUSPEND then log out for 5 minutes. Log back in and RESUME your service...log out and cycle phone off/on again. Let us know if that helped. Good luck.

Salma1234

I contacted the moderator about an hour ago, let’s see what happens . 

Thank you for assistance. I will try the lost and stolen track and see if that activates my plan. 

Salma1234

Yes I’ve verified that the one that I see under my add-ons is the talk text and data bundle package for $20. I also verified my payment history transactions and it shows that I purchased the plan for $20. 

Salma1234

Yes verified alll of those things

@Salma1234 wrote:

I tried dialing the number directly, I tried texting as a reply, and I have also tried dialing the contact directly. Nothing seems to work, instead I get a pre-recorded message saying you do not have a roaming US package and I’ve verified that I do. I have tried rebooting my phone several times.

Hey @Salma1234 , what type of phone are you using ? When you log into My Account / Data & Add-ons...what package do you see ? Do you actually see your US Roaming Add-on listed there ? I'm wondering if you didn't inadvertantly just get the US Data Add-on and not Talk/Text too. Thoughts ?

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Salma1234 wrote:

Purchased us bundle roaming, shows up under add- on

data works 

but talk/text not working.

@Salma1234  Make sure you enable roaming on the phone, did you try restarting and are sure its the right bundle?

@Salma1234 wrote:

I tried dialing the number directly, I tried texting as a reply, and I have also tried dialing the contact directly. Nothing seems to work, instead I get a pre-recorded message saying you do not have a roaming US package and I’ve verified that I do. I have tried rebooting my phone several times.

@Salma1234Click here and explain the problem. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

While waiting for the moderator to respond. One more thing to try is the Lost/Stolen trick because it acts like a soft reset on your account.To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Then choose Suspend Service tab. Wait few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone . 

Salma1234

@Salma1234 wrote:

Yes added The correct bundle talk text and data and it showing up under my plan under add-ons. And I checked on my phone roaming is enabled. It is connecting to the T mobile network.  Also rebooted several times.

But I’m still not able to text or talk in the United States. 

@Salma1234Are you dialing the number directly or via your contacts? Also try restarting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.