cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us roaming not working help!

Timm3h
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
So this morning I purchase a 1gb add on I have verified that it shows up under my add ons. I am currently in the states and the data is not working. I have tried both at&t and T-Mobile. I have tried rebooting the phone. I have verified that data roaming is on and it is still not working. Any ideas?
54 REPLIES 54

PostPunk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am in the same boat! I bought the add on sid the two step proceedure and nothing! No data, texts don't seem to be sendong despite showing full bars and 4G.

What gives?

stewartr
No reply yet

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

After reading all this I'm pretty happy I used my U.S. Sim card on my last trip down south :P.

Hope PM figures this out soon....

stewartr

Actually, after buying the addon properly, I still have no data service. PM sent.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for confirming 🙂 @stewartr

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

stewartr
Never mind, it looks like I never purchased the addon. Just topped up my account and neglected to buy the actual addon

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

You will need to send me your phone number, PIN#, an alternate contact number as well as your location via private message @stewartr!

I look forward to your reply,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

stewartr
I am also having the same problem. Please contact me! I bought a 500MB roaming addon for the US, and I got a text message when I arrived in the US from Public Mobile saying I should buy an addon. I've rebooted my phone and enabled roaming data on my phone but I have no data access. Please help.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @thatmatt

Thank you for raising concern with us regarding your data services!

It seems that others have been affected as well, can you please send me your phone number via private message ? I will make the changes on your account and also submit a ticket to have the technical team investigate the matter.

I look forward to your reply!

Respectfully,

Mary

thatmatt

Hey @Mary_M

I also lost roaming data as of today. I used it fine initially in Miami, used airplane mode for a few days, used it again in Puerto Rico 3 days ago, then today when I went back off airplane again in Miami I have nothing. It connects fine to the network and 8 can access public mobile websites fine, it seems that all non-public mobile traffic is being blocked though. My app2is correct (and since I can read and search the forums I know I'm connected). 

I've tried auto connect and directly connecting to AT&T and T mobile. I've also tried rebooting my phone each time, turning it off for 5 minutes, reseting the apn settings manually. 

Looking basically now to see what the issue is and how to get a refund as once this is fixed it will be too late. An interesting thing to note is that my 3 month plan rolled over yesterday, so maybe it has to do with our plans resetting mid-roaming add on? I've seen a few posts about it just starting yesterday so it's not isolated. Hoping the source is tracked down soon and you can let me know how to request a refund officially. 

Thanks! 

P.S. On my phone I can't PM you, the page loads with no content or text input field? Is that common? 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Richard13,

The APN for iPhone 5S needs to be set to sp.mb.com (for cellular data). Please refer to http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/settings.php?id=1019 - the APN for iPhone is found on the bottom left. 

And even when connected to AT&T/TMOBILE, the APN should be the same and it will work. 

If your wife continues to experience an interruption with her data services, please private message me the information asked above and I will escalate the issue. 

Respectfully,

Mary

**And you're most welcome 🙂 I'm here to help!

Richard3
Hi @Mary_M,

Thanks for responding! One question: should the APN for an iPhone 5S be set to isp.mb.com, as per the instructions in this link?: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/td-p/1610

I ask because the APN settings in iOS 10.3.x appear to apply only to one's Personal Hotspot.

Also, should the APN settings be isp.mb.com even when the phone is connecting to T-Mobile or AT&T? That APN makes sense to me in Canada, but wouldn't it be different when connecting to a different carrier?

Again, thanks so much for your response!

Richard

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @K_edison, @Tsal, @Randomidea, @Richard3 and anyone that may be impacted by this. 

Before anything, can you please try turning your phone's off, remove the SIM card for a few seconds, place it back in and power your phones back on? Can you also make sure that your APN is set accordingly?

If you find that your data is still not functional, please send me a private message including your phone numbers, PIN #'s and device types as well as an alternate contact number, Our technical team will need to investigate the matter.

Thank you all!

Mary

Richard3

Ditto: my wife went to the US yesterday, and we purchased and activated the data add-on for her around 2pm or so. She hasn't been able to access data the whole day, and will only be there for one night. Would be great to get this fixed! Any chance you could help us, @Shazia_K or @Mary_M?

Randomidea
US data roaming not working in Hawaii either since today for me. Very frustrating as we found out while trying to navigate oahu's confusing roadways... Zero data connection at all. Plenty of data left in my 1gb allotment... And have another day at least in the 10 day period. Reset network settings, tried t-mobile instead of AT&T, restarted phone etc... Nothing working 😕

Tsal
I am having the same issue. Navigating the streets of Los Angeles without my Google maps isn't fu!

I guess I need to send a pm to a mod?

K_edison
I also am experiencing the same issue. I have been using data without issue the last two days but it suddenly stopped working this morning with 400mb left on my account.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I will be looking into it and submitting a ticket @driveside, I wil provide you with more info via private message!

Thank you for your patience,

Mary

driveside

Having the same issue! I have tried all the options listed on another thread and still no luck. 

I've used a small fraction of my data as per my account details. 

Text and call working just fine, but data is a no go. Need resolved asap, such an annoyance to be data paralyzed while travelling after proactively taking add-on were purchased. 

@Shazia_K please help, sending PM also. 

Sounds like a bigger issue then wrong APN as I am reading several members that are currently in the states are having this problem

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Timm3h
Working with mary_m

Tried pulling sim and rebooting.

APN is correct

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Shazia_K needs to help you.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like an APN thing, I know there are instructions in this forum somewhere to set yourself up for data roaming...

acloutie

I've been having a similar issue with US data. I'm currently in the states and have only used about half of my data according to my account summary. As of yesterday evening, I can no longer use data on ATT or Tmobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.