cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us calling

jindalzz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If i take canada and us calling in my plan do i need to get any different roaming plan while going to us.? 

8 REPLIES 8

@jindalzz wrote:

If i dont have roaming plan will I receive calls.?

Some users have said sometimes incoming calls are received without a US roaming whilst in the US, but I don't know if that is the case always, or was temporarily the case for a few users. 

However, you can receive incoming texts without a roaming plan, but in either case you will not be able to return calls or texts without US roaming add-ons.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jindalzz No you will not receive calls while in the US UNLESS you have US roaming. 

Your Canada US calling is for when you are IN CANADA only to make calls to other Canada or USA phone numbers while you are in CANADA.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@geopublic is correct again 🙂

I'm ssuming you are on 50 plan, it's just 10 more and you get soo much compared to roaming add-on, which are usually just 10 days.

If you built your plan, so it's between 35 and 50 you'll have to do some math and see what suits you best

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jindalzz wrote:

If i take canada and us calling in my plan do i need to get any different roaming plan while going to us.? 

@jindalzz  If you choose the $60 plan that includes data, talk and texting while you are in the US you are covered. Any other plan, you will need to purchase a US roaming add-on to be able to use your device when in the US.

jindalzz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If i dont have roaming plan will I receive calls.?

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jindalzz 

Public Mobile offers U.S. roaming options for data, text and calling. If you do not have a roaming plan when travellng in the US, you can not use public mobile's services in the USA.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jindalzz, yes you do.  The Canada/US calling feature is for use while in Canada only.  The roaming add-ons are for use in the US only. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need roaming to make calls, send texts, or use data.

Need Help? Let's chat.