cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 4G LTE

FryBoss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was looking to improve my 3G signal because I call international with SIP (voip) and find that 3G is not that strong. When you go to plans, it says:

Looking for a new plan? Pick a ready-made plan below. You can compare it your current plan below. Before you get started, here are a few things to note:

• When changing to a Data Plan of a different speed, you may experience a delay of up to 48 hours for the speed change to take effect. For example, if you have a 3G data plan and switch to a 4G LTE data plan, you will continue to receive 3G speeds for up to 48 hours before your new 4G LTE plan takes effect.

I checked every plans and there is no option to upgrade to 4G LTE but apparently it is available.

How does this work?

6 REPLIES 6

@FryBoss All plans have 4G LTE access. It's poorly named. The "3G" plans are throttled to 3 Mbps on the 4G LTE network. For voip, 3 Mbps is more than enough. You'll be fine on these so-called "3G" plans.

@gpixel wrote:

... you can switch your preferred network from LTE to 3g/wcdma and you will receive faster download speeds.

Sometimes faster. Sometimes not.

But it's worth trying out your other options whenever you're stuck with a bad one.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@FryBoss you can switch your preferred network from LTE to 3g/wcdma and you will receive faster download speeds.

speedtest lte.jpeg

speedtest 3g.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FryBoss : Sent you a pm. Click on the little envelope upper right and then click on the subject line.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There are PM customers who have 4G grandfathered accounts but all current accounts being offered are 3G.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@FryBoss wrote:

I was looking to improve my 3G signal because I call international with SIP (voip) and find that 3G is not that strong. When you go to plans, it says:

Looking for a new plan? Pick a ready-made plan below. You can compare it your current plan below. Before you get started, here are a few things to note:

• When changing to a Data Plan of a different speed, you may experience a delay of up to 48 hours for the speed change to take effect. For example, if you have a 3G data plan and switch to a 4G LTE data plan, you will continue to receive 3G speeds for up to 48 hours before your new 4G LTE plan takes effect.

I checked every plans and there is no option to upgrade to 4G LTE but apparently it is available.

How does this work?

@FryBoss hi unfortunately you are right there is no 4g plan offered by public ☹️

Need Help? Let's chat.