cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Plan...credit for previous billing

Sprockett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had my normal billing cycle occur on the 9th of this month, but just upgraded to a higher priced plan.  Will I receive the credit automatically back for the previously billed amount, since I was just billed an additional $50 for the upgraded plan?

14 REPLIES 14

Never-say-Never

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite : Thanks for the feedback. I think there's too little emphasis put on personal responsibility. You perform an action in light of full disclosure of effects and you proceed anyway. Ok then. Your choice. Is that a mistake?

But I go on to say that the company often does these kinds of goodwill gestures.

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 : In this case, the OP intentionally upgraded their plan in the presence of all the warnings and the two choices. They chose immediate. Case closed. But I am often surprised at how the company is able to do goodwill gestures of some sort.

@Anonymous  It's clear PM is not required to process a refund. However, PM may believe it's in their interest to provide a credit in situations like this where the customer is newish and it's only been a few days since their last renewal. Why not say something like: "It's definitely not required, but PM may give you some credit if you explain how you made this mistake." ? 🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@softech 

It is an effective strategy to be awarded solutions. There are several members who employ this method for minimal effort to achieve maximum rewards.

@hairbag1  i agree we shouldn't give false hope.

I was saying some people always like to use "open ticket with mod" as their suggestions to any problem.  After all "open ticket with mod" would never be a wrong answer.. LoL

@softech wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 : In this case, the OP intentionally upgraded their plan in the presence of all the warnings and the two choices. They chose immediate. Case closed. But I am often surprised at how the company is able to do goodwill gestures of some sort.

Yep. IMO ...don't see need to keep giving OP false hope of recovering a refund.

I guess we can always open ticket with Mod and this can always be the ultimate solution  🙂

IMO...if one customer gets a refund...we should all get refunds when we made the mistake.

Customer is given ample time/warning to consider his purchase before making his selection. .

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess we can always open ticket with Mod and this can always be the ultimate solution  🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous....I think the chances of this customer getting a refund are very slim, at best. Once you select the "Change plan now"...you're committed. No refunds or prorating.

But...like the wisen'ed z10user says...strange things happen here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sprockett 

at public mobile is prepaid service,
and When you select change plan, do you have a choice to change immediately or change at the next cycle. if you selected Change Immediately,,

and when you do Upgraded new Plan you will losing billing cycle occur on the 9th of this month, 

but i suggest you to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

they will help you and maybe the can give a credit for it , try it you will nothing to lose,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Sprockett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see.  Thanks for your prompt response.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @Sprockett, PM is a prepaid service and they don't refund.

When you select change plan, you have a choice to change immediately or change at the next cycle.  You probably have selected Change Immediately.   With this choice, it will change to the new plan immediately and charge the new plan charge.  The unused portion from the old plan would be forfeited.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sprockett : No. This is a prepaid service. No pro-rating. I'm not sure other prepaid services would pro-rate either.

Need Help? Let's chat.