cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Provincial Plan: Questions

flashbulb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm wondering about updating my old $120 12 GB / 120 days Provincial calling  plan to the new   $40 /month plan.  Originally I think my plan had full LTE speed, which the new plans have a capped to 3G speed, is that correct?  Also, I currently have $21 in rewards, which is applied to the $120 every cycle; how would the rewards be applied under the new plan?  And lastly, should I wait to make the change on my actual billing date or just before?  Thanks!  Peter

3 REPLIES 3

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@flashbulb imo the extra 1gb isn't worth it.. stay with your current plan unless you're deciding to move to the new $50/10.5gb plan. in low signal areas you will want the full speed LTE.

the throttled data is not good, but good enough. if that makes any sense. there are times when I'm at home and I switch to wifi because the inconsistency is annoying. I downgraded to the $45/6.5gb plan because I found having high data amounts in this company is better when I'm out and about and not when im home or inside a building

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@flashbulb wrote:

I'm wondering about updating my old $120 12 GB / 120 days Provincial calling  plan to the new   $40 /month plan.  Originally I think my plan had full LTE speed, which the new plans have a capped to 3G speed, is that correct?  Also, I currently have $21 in rewards, which is applied to the $120 every cycle; how would the rewards be applied under the new plan?  And lastly, should I wait to make the change on my actual billing date or just before?  Thanks!  Peter

1.  You old plan has full LTE speed,  Any current market plan has only LTE capped at 3Mbps.

2.  If you have $21 rewards for your 120 days plan, you will get $21/3 = $7 reward on any 30 days plan.

3.  You should change you plan on your next renewal date.  If you change your plan early, There is no refund of any unused days

Edit: My typing was too slow and I provide the same answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@flashbulb :

1. Correct. 4G LTE throttled down to 3Mbps to be precise.

2. Divided by 3. So $7/30 days in your case.

3. It's your money. There's no pro-rating or refunds here so if you like your spent money then set it to change at your next renewal.

Be aware that if you change, you won't be able to go back to that rate.

Need Help? Let's chat.