cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to 90-day Plans?

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey all,

wondering if anyone has found a way to get the "new(ish)" 30 day plan deals to translate over to the 90 day plans.

For example, now with the bonus data in many of the 30-day plans, one would end up paying the same amount in the 90-day plan for less data. (ie. $40/30 days for 5gb data, vs $120/90 days for 7.5gb data, which comes out to only 2.5gb per 30 days)

I enjoy the flexibility of the 90-day plans, in that if I don't use my data in one of the months, it essentially carries over to the other months within the 90 days.

Any insight is appreciated!

14 REPLIES 14

@luke11992 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@luke11992, I'm always looking at the 90-day plans... keep looking to see if something will tweak my interest enough to leave my current Fall 2016 Promo (yes, the REALLY GOOD DEAL) with more than I use already.

Too many options, at no savings.  Although, I was tempted for the 24 GB 90-day plan for $150 (w/Canada+US talk).  I'd be wasting about 22 GB every 90-days as I just don't use the data.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the fall 2016 promo?

90 day plan, 12GB full speed data, unlimited provincial calling, global messaging for $120

luke11992

@stonechucker wrote:

@luke11992, I'm always looking at the 90-day plans... keep looking to see if something will tweak my interest enough to leave my current Fall 2016 Promo (yes, the REALLY GOOD DEAL) with more than I use already.

Too many options, at no savings.  Although, I was tempted for the 24 GB 90-day plan for $150 (w/Canada+US talk).  I'd be wasting about 22 GB every 90-days as I just don't use the data.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was the fall 2016 promo?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

This Community has seemed like a ghosttown for the last 3 or 4 days.

@computergeek541 you've been around to know there are always dips and spikes around these parts.  Robot LOL  You can always count on massive spikes whenever there are new promos, plan changes, new bugs crop up, moderator wait times are excessive, or competitive providers do something great/boneheaded.  And conversely there are dips when things are running at least fairly smoothly and there is little "trending" items to talk about (such as my spike-inducing topics list--I'm sure I've missed at least a few on that list but oh well).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

luke11992

@stonechucker Yeah that's too bad, it looks like if I'll want to eventually upgrade my plan, it won't be feasible to remain with the 90-day option. Although the 90-day options do currently also have the Canada-wide calling for the same price as province-wide. Aside from that though, no other incentives.

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe he put me on ignore. 🙂

@Anonymous one could hardly blame him!  Sorry, I was totally kidding.  You just set it up so well I couldn't pass up the punchline.  😉  

Seriously though, maybe he's on vacation, somewhere other than Canada and the USA and he has no signal?  

Maybe, he needed a vacation from this place.  Sometimes, I do.  This place can make your head explode if you stare at the screen for too long.  LOL.   It's not just RobertQc who hasn't been here this week.  This Community has seemed like a ghosttown for the last 3 or 4 days.

luke11992

@stonechucker Yeah that's too bad, it looks like if I'll want to eventually upgrade my plan, it won't be feasible to remain with the 90-day option. Although the 90-day options do currently also have the Canada-wide calling for the same price as province-wide. Aside from that though, no other incentives.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe he put me on ignore. 🙂

@Anonymous one could hardly blame him!  Sorry, I was totally kidding.  You just set it up so well I couldn't pass up the punchline.  😉  

Seriously though, maybe he's on vacation, somewhere other than Canada and the USA and he has no signal?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@RobertQc would love this idea also!

RobertQc seems to have disappeared.

I'm sure RobertQC is still around. He's probably just been busy.  He was around on the past weekend.

He has had lulls in posts before but he also replied to pm's before. Or at least read them. He hasn't read a couple pm's I sent him on Sunday.

So I'm a little concerned. Maybe he put me on ignore. 🙂

@luke11992 wrote:

Hey all,

wondering if anyone has found a way to get the "new(ish)" 30 day plan deals to translate over to the 90 day plans.

I enjoy the flexibility of the 90-day plans, in that if I don't use my data in one of the months, it essentially carries over to the other months within the 90 days.

For the 90 day plans,I would say:

data usage flexibility, yes

payment flexibility, no

You're going to have to decide which plan is better for you.  There isn't any way to alter the plans that Public Mobile is currently offering.

@Anonymous wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I'm sure RobertQC is still around. He's probably just been busy.  He was around on the past weekend.

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM is somewhat trying to get people to go with 30-Day plans/switch people on 90s to 30s, so virtually all special offers are for 30-day plans only. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@luke11992, I hear ya, and boy would I like to see the 90-day plans be once again cost savings over 3x30-day plans.

Unfortunately at this time, Public Mobile considers the 30-day special offers to be better suited to the market, and you'll also notice Canada-Wide calling is the same price on (most of if not) all the 30-day plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.