cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up grade plan

cannonman55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I want to upgrade from a 25.00plan to a 40.00 do I need to wait closer to my billing period, if I do it before when will I be charged the 40.00 when my renewal I'd due I'm on auto billing thanks

8 REPLIES 8

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is good to know but I'm happy with my $15 plan.

Yes each application has its pros and cons.

If someone is upgrading their plan because they are out of data (or possibly voice) and needs it working again before their upcoming renewal, an instant plan change can be the most efficient way to solve the problem. The only plan you can’t instantly change to is the one you are currently on. That is unfortunate as maybe a restart at less than 30 days would be the perfect fix. Moderators can do that for you but therefore it isn’t instant.

One can always change back to their old plan at the following renewal as long as your old plan is still offered. Check first before changing plans.

AE_Collector

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The upgrade right away might be advisable if the original poster is out of data and is in serious need of more. Otherwise like others have said just wait.

@cannonman55  here's an article on changing plans.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan . It's better to update in your renewal date. If you are doing it for the data, then may I suggest switching temporarily to the $50 US hybrid plan. You also get free calling to the US and 4 more gigs of data with autopay than with the $40 plan. See below.

Screenshot_20200323-100237.jpg

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cannonman55  When you select the plan change you have two choices:

1. Immediate plan change, takes effect immediately and you lose your existing funds paid for the current plan period.

2. On next renewal, the plan change will take place on your next plan renewal.

Your choice. 🙂

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@cannonman55 Better upgrade with your next cycle if you want to save some $.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @cannonman55 ,

You can select the update On the next billing cycle and it will re-new on your next payment date.

I do not recommend the   Upgrade right away.  YES, it will change you right away if you do that and overwrite your old plan on the spot.

I hope this info helps.

Cheers

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi Just press the button to upgrade on your renewal date then you’ll be fine that way you won’t lose any of your cycle for this period

Need Help? Let's chat.