cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure about add-ons

cristian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings,

I still have a week to go and running out of data. I would like to get either the 1G or 200Mb add-on, but it's not clear to me if this is a one-time purchase (good), or if it will become a recurring one (don't want that).

Also, it says that you need to add enough funds to the account, what happens if I am on auto-pay already? Will the credit card get debited or do I still need to find out how to add the money into the account?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

renewing early is usually the best route to go!

cristian

Thanks so much guys, really appreciate you taking the time.

How to Purchase Add-Ons

You can purchase Add-Ons by dialing *611, or by signing in to your Self-Serve account. Before you purchase an Add-On, we recommend you review your options here, so you know what Add-On best suits your needs, and how much it will cost.

To purchase an Add-On using this method, you will need to have a payment card registered to your account. Find out how to register your card in Self-Serve here. Dial *611 on your phone, and follow the prompts to first make a payment using a Public Mobile payment voucher, credit card, or Visa Debit card. After adding funds equal to or greater than the Add-On you wish to purchase, follow the prompts to buy an Add-On. You will need your 4-digit account PIN to purchase an Add-On. You selected your PIN when you activated your account.

Self-Serve

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

vp6853

Regarding the data add-on, it is one time and any unused data rolls over until you use it all up.

I think you need to have funds to pay for the add on right now, and then when auto pay time comes around, your card will be charged to cover it.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cristian

Add on is a one time thing, not reoccuring.  It will roll over to next month if not used up.  

You do need to put money from from your credit card to your balance.  Then purchase the add on.  From my understanding.  

Another option is to renew your plan one week earlier.  Sometimes that would be more cost effective, but you will need to contact moderator and that takes 1-2 days to respond.  

Need Help? Let's chat.