cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited picture texting

CPdee99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I thought the 25$ plan included unlimited picture texting?  If so how come my data is being chipped away by 2-5mb?

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I've also noticed that Android (at least my v8.1) includes MMS data in it's internal data usage counter - even though Public Mobile excludes that from data usage... so if I send/receive a moderate amount of MMS pictures etc, the android usage gets artificially inflated against PM's usage according to self-serve.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CPdee99 

The buffer may show usage on the self-serve landing page under My Data and Add-Ons section.  That value may vary (up or down) slightly throughout the day.

If you click "View My Usage" under the Change Plan icon, you'll see Web usage history from the prior day(s).   This shows what was ACTUALLY consumed for the period over the prior day.

@CPdee99  so sounds like your mms/sms are turned on like picture (or similar settings on your phone)? 

And if it was an android phone the message would be green not blue. Is it green? Green is traditional blue is iMessage.

If it's green than you need to check your other phone settings. 

If you're saying it goes up 2/5mb than I would guess the picture you took is likely same size or close to it. Or people sending you pictures as well.

Then you would have to go through your sync settings. Likely being synced to your cloud and not just on your phone. Syncing would use your data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CPdee99 : MMS requires mobile data to be on to send/receive. Every time you turn on data, your phone will use a little data for sync'ing and background app data usage. There's also a sliding buffer taken that keeps buffering as you use more data. That buffer is about 5MB. Flipping in/out of airplane mode will clear the buffer down to your actual usage up to that last buffer.

CPdee99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do have an iPhone but I sent the picture to 2 different people both with Android phones and it doesn’t show it was an iMessage pic as I can usually see the difference.  So I’m not sure?  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@CPdee99  sounds like you're using iMessage or RCS which uses wifi or data and has nothing to do with unlimited text.

You need to use the  traditional standard text system.

What's your phone? iPhone probably?

IMG_20201102_192347.png

Turn off iMessage 

If it's an android turn off RCS

Need Help? Let's chat.