Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not receiving international text messages

7 REPLIES 7

Nickwood247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
 public mobile dose not block you from receiving certian texts

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Toy  Any chance the person(s), that those texts are coming from, are using an iPhone, using iMessage, while you're on an Android phone?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Toy wrote:

@Toy If you can receive a regular text then you should be able to receive any text. Public Mobile does not block texts so check with the sender to make sure that they can send international texts and also if they are dialing the correct number 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Toy  could  be the country codes. To text Europe , the Americas 1 etc. If you can send and receive all types of texts locally, Simms, sms etc then your apn settings are right.

@Toy wrote:

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Toy 

The recent PM plans all include unlimited international text.  

Is is it possible that the issue is with the sender? Are you able to send international text?  What about domestic texts?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

More info please. From one person or multiple?

If just one person. Do you receive from others?

Does the person in question receive yours?

What country are we talking about?

EDIT: And as the above asked did you just port?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Toy wrote:

When they are sending to you are they putting a 1 in front of your number?  How long have you been with PM?  If you are new to PM did you just port your number into PM?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.