cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited incoming texts?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have the $10 PM plan that only allows 50 outgoing texts and unlimited incoming texts? When I use up my PM outgoing texts it seems that I'm also not getting any incoming texts. Is this normal?

4 REPLIES 4

IMessage blue bubbles are not SMS but could be MMS messages.

SMS and MMS should be coming in on the cellular signal, regardless of WiFi connection.  MMS will use your cellular data connection, but not your cellular data bucket.

iMessage will send messages to other iMessage clients via your WiFi, and if you have it, your cellular data bucket.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks for advise - it seems that in general I can't rely on texts anymore regarless if using PM, or Bell. In many cases I seem to be getting texts time stamped hours ago or when I connect to a WIFI source and receive them as iMessage. I have contacted Bell chat line regarding this problem but their overseas well meaning agents seem to be clueless and just seem to read off scripts. Perhaps we should go back to voice calling LOL.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER, you should be receiving unlimited incoming texts no matter if you've used up your 50 text and/or 50 minutes or not.  This should not be happening and as @ShawnC13 mentioned you should contact the MODS if this is the case.  Maybe just before contacting the MODs just maybe do a quick phone power cycle (turn it off then back on), sometimes texts can get stuck "in the cloud".  Or sometimes if you were underground, i.e. subway, and you come out the network doesn't properly connect.  So definitely double check your service bars, and also do a power cycle, maybe that will help.  If nothing then definitely get in touch with the MODs.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@BEER wrote:

I have the $10 PM plan that only allows 50 outgoing texts and unlimited incoming texts? When I use up my PM outgoing texts it seems that I'm also not getting any incoming texts. Is this normal?

No that shouldn't be happening.  You should still be receiving your texts.  You may need to contact the moderators to have them look into this for you.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.