cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: unlimited incoming - Not showing in plan details

@lheintzman wrote:

All incoming calls are free on all accounts, regardless of where in the world they originate.  However, if the caller leaves a voicemail, the time you use for message retrieval will count against your minutes

Unforntuately, that is not the case.  While it is true that is doesn't matter where the call is coming from, incoming calls are count the same as any other call. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

I don't know where you get this level of certainty. The $10 plan is 50 minutes total for all incoming and outgoing calls. The new $15 plan has only just started to allow unlimited incoming. But it seems it's not saying so. I'm still wanting the OP to test it but they seem content with the solution they got.

The level of certainty comes from having my brain partly turned off.  I *think* I've finally clued into the idea that the OP was concerned about consuming part of his 100 minutes, not just charges that might incur.  One of those days.

@lheintzman wrote:

@charsi wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:

All incoming calls are free on all accounts..

On the plans page only this plan is listed as having unlimited incoming. Are you sure it is free on all plans?

Yes, I'm sure.  Actually doubt there's any Canadian carrier that charges for incoming calls, but if you know of one, and the circumstances under which the charges are applied, this would be a good forum to share the info.  Always happy to learn..

All Canadian carriers charge for incoming calls.  I'm not sure where you heard otherwise.  There have been some plans that include incoming calls (or even unlimtied calls), but if the plan isn't advertised as including it, incoming calls are counted no different than any other phone call.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lheintzman wrote:

@charsi wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:

All incoming calls are free on all accounts..

On the plans page only this plan is listed as having unlimited incoming. Are you sure it is free on all plans?

Yes, I'm sure.  Actually doubt there's any Canadian carrier that charges for incoming calls, but if you know of one, and the circumstances under which the charges are applied, this would be a good forum to share the info.  Always happy to learn..

@lheintzman Whoa, that's not the case.  Unless the plan says unlimited talk, or in the case of the modified $15 plan unlimited incoming, it is not free unlimited incoming for all accounts.  

Mayor / Maire

@lheintzman wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

I don't know where you get this level of certainty. The $10 plan is 50 minutes total for all incoming and outgoing calls. The new $15 plan has only just started to allow unlimited incoming. But it seems it's not saying so. I'm still wanting the OP to test it but they seem content with the solution they got.

The level of certainty comes from having my brain partly turned off.  I *think* I've finally clued into the idea that the OP was concerned about consuming part of his 100 minutes, not just charges that might incur.  One of those days.

Indeed. It's just that you said it twice...so something had to be said Smiley Happy

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@lheintzman wrote:The level of certainty comes from having my brain partly turned off.  I *think* I've finally clued into the idea that the OP was concerned about consuming part of his 100 minutes, not just charges that might incur.  One of those days.

Haha. No worries. I thought you were also unfamiliar with the idea of incoming calls being charged.

USA and Canada are on a different planet with how they charge these. Rest of the world incoming calls being free is taken for granted.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

Indeed. It's just that you said it twice...so something had to be said Smiley Happy

And you did it well.  Thank you.

Mayor / Maire

@charsi wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:The level of certainty comes from having my brain partly turned off.  I *think* I've finally clued into the idea that the OP was concerned about consuming part of his 100 minutes, not just charges that might incur.  One of those days.

Haha. No worries. I thought you were also unfamiliar with the idea of incoming calls being charged.

USA and Canada are on a different planet with how they charge these. Rest of the world incoming calls being free is taken for granted.

So since you're still around...are you interested in doing the test I suggested? No obligation obviously but I know I'm curious.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

So since you're still around...are you interested in doing the test I suggested? No obligation obviously but I know I'm curious.

I already did!

Signed up for plan change. Then went into the details for the new plan. Same as what I have now.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You know @lheintzman might be on to something as part of future changes.  If Public Mobile offered that feature across the board, how attractive would their plans be then?  Hmmmmmmm.....probably never going to happen, but what the heck, just put it out there.