cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited incoming minutes - not showing in plan details

charsi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I joined public mobile yesterday on the $15/month plan.

The "Unlimited Incoming Minutes" is the main reason I signed up. But on my account page this is not listed as part of my plan -

Screenshot from 2019-05-01 11-47-17.png

Is it still included in the plan?

How are international incoming calls charged?

This is the plan I think I signed up for -

Screenshot from 2019-05-01 11-50-02.png

31 REPLIES 31

michaeltex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Date Of change : May 29, 2019
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - Unlimited International Texts
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed

michaeltex

yes I have same problem,

I changed to new $15 plan,

but still below old details with unlimited calls:

• Date Of change : May 29, 2019
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Texts
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed

spinner50

I'm just registred as new customer tonight with the 15$ plan. I tested a 1:15 incoming call and no min was substracted on my 100 min. So, my profile seems working. 

slpless
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

I thought that I'd share what little I do know about all this.  This new version fo the $15 plan does in fact include incoming calls.  I do not have any information if this is a brand new plan, or if the old plan (even for people who already have it) was updated.  My advice would be to perform a future dated a plan  change to take effect at next renewal time if you are interested in this plan with unlimited incoming calls.

One fo the other Oracles has tested this plan, and I'm pleased to say that the reports are that the unlimited incoming does work if you switch to the newly updated version of this plan. 

Great!

I thought that I'd share what little I do know about all this.  This new version fo the $15 plan does in fact include incoming calls.  I do not have any information if this is a brand new plan, or if the old plan (even for people who already have it) was updated.  My advice would be to perform a future dated a plan  change to take effect at next renewal time if you are interested in this plan with unlimited incoming calls.

One fo the other Oracles has tested this plan, and I'm pleased to say that the reports are that the unlimited incoming does work if you switch to the newly updated version of this plan. 

charsi

@RossN 

I will! Just as soon as I have my number fully ported over.

I am porting from an online voip provider so expecting it to take longer than usual. Outgoing started working instantly but incoming calls still go to the old voip phone.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

you can find out for sure by getting someone to call you and then go into your self serve account and see if it was deducted from your 100 minutes if not then you are good to go also let us all know please

charsi

@Anonymous wrote:

Care to test it? 🙂

I would but incoming calls are not yet working for me. Waiting for porting to finish.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lheintzman wrote:

All incoming calls are free on all accounts, regardless of where in the world they originate.  However, if the caller leaves a voicemail, the time you use for message retrieval will count against your minutes

I don't think that's right. It doesn't apply to the $10 plan, for example, and likely doesn't apply to others that are data only plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@charsi wrote:

@Anonymous 

I signed up in the yesterday evening ~6pm PT.

Who/What is TMS?

Username/member/fellow customer/poster TMS.

My bet then would be that you're on the new version of the plan from when you signed up.

Care to test it? 🙂

charsi

@Anonymous 

I signed up in the yesterday evening ~6pm PT.

Who/what is TMS?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@charsi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So since you're still around...are you interested in doing the test I suggested? No obligation obviously but I know I'm curious.

I already did!

Signed up for plan change. Then went into the details for the new plan. Same as what I have now.

Sorry. Now I'm confused. I thought you said you were on it...not just future-changed to it.

Nevermind the test then.

Edit: @charsi: When abouts did you sign up yesterday? TMS noticed it and posted about it mid-afternoon (ET) yesterday. If later yesterday then you might be on it. If yesterday morning then perhaps not. But without the line saying that that is a feature then it's hard to tell...without testing 🙂

Pizzaeh

You know @lheintzman might be on to something as part of future changes.  If Public Mobile offered that feature across the board, how attractive would their plans be then?  Hmmmmmmm.....probably never going to happen, but what the heck, just put it out there.

charsi

@Anonymous wrote:

So since you're still around...are you interested in doing the test I suggested? No obligation obviously but I know I'm curious.

I already did!

Signed up for plan change. Then went into the details for the new plan. Same as what I have now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@charsi wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:The level of certainty comes from having my brain partly turned off.  I *think* I've finally clued into the idea that the OP was concerned about consuming part of his 100 minutes, not just charges that might incur.  One of those days.

Haha. No worries. I thought you were also unfamiliar with the idea of incoming calls being charged.

USA and Canada are on a different planet with how they charge these. Rest of the world incoming calls being free is taken for granted.

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

Indeed. It's just that you said it twice...so something had to be said 🙂

And you did it well.  Thank you.

charsi

@lheintzman wrote:The level of certainty comes from having my brain partly turned off.  I *think* I've finally clued into the idea that the OP was concerned about consuming part of his 100 minutes, not just charges that might incur.  One of those days.

Haha. No worries. I thought you were also unfamiliar with the idea of incoming calls being charged.

USA and Canada are on a different planet with how they charge these. Rest of the world incoming calls being free is taken for granted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lheintzman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know where you get this level of certainty. The $10 plan is 50 minutes total for all incoming and outgoing calls. The new $15 plan has only just started to allow unlimited incoming. But it seems it's not saying so. I'm still wanting the OP to test it but they seem content with the solution they got.

The level of certainty comes from having my brain partly turned off.  I *think* I've finally clued into the idea that the OP was concerned about consuming part of his 100 minutes, not just charges that might incur.  One of those days.

Indeed. It's just that you said it twice...so something had to be said 🙂

Pizzaeh

@lheintzman wrote:

@charsi wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:

All incoming calls are free on all accounts..

On the plans page only this plan is listed as having unlimited incoming. Are you sure it is free on all plans?

Yes, I'm sure.  Actually doubt there's any Canadian carrier that charges for incoming calls, but if you know of one, and the circumstances under which the charges are applied, this would be a good forum to share the info.  Always happy to learn..

@lheintzman Whoa, that's not the case.  Unless the plan says unlimited talk, or in the case of the modified $15 plan unlimited incoming, it is not free unlimited incoming for all accounts.  

@lheintzman wrote:

@charsi wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:

On the plans page only this plan is listed as having unlimited incoming. Are you sure it is free on all plans?

Yes, I'm sure.  Actually doubt there's any Canadian carrier that charges for incoming calls, but if you know of one, and the circumstances under which the charges are applied, this would be a good forum to share the info.  Always happy to learn..

All Canadian carriers charge for incoming calls.  I'm not sure where you heard otherwise.  There have been some plans that include incoming calls (or even unlimtied calls), but if the plan isn't advertised as including it, incoming calls are counted no different than any other phone call.

lheintzman

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know where you get this level of certainty. The $10 plan is 50 minutes total for all incoming and outgoing calls. The new $15 plan has only just started to allow unlimited incoming. But it seems it's not saying so. I'm still wanting the OP to test it but they seem content with the solution they got.

The level of certainty comes from having my brain partly turned off.  I *think* I've finally clued into the idea that the OP was concerned about consuming part of his 100 minutes, not just charges that might incur.  One of those days.

@lheintzman wrote:

All incoming calls are free on all accounts, regardless of where in the world they originate.  However, if the caller leaves a voicemail, the time you use for message retrieval will count against your minutes

Unforntuately, that is not the case.  While it is true that is doesn't matter where the call is coming from, incoming calls are count the same as any other call. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lheintzman wrote:

@charsi wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:

lheintzman

@charsi wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@charsi, go into the self serve account, do a plan change and see if you can locate the $15 plan with the unlimited incoming calls feature.  If you see it, select it and apply the change on the next renewal.  Compare the current plan to the new plan and see if the additional feature is displaying properly.  If not, then the issue needs to be taken up with the moderator team. 

I did a test future plan change and then went back to see what it showed and it said nothuing about unlimited incoming. Other plans probably don't provide a line saying unlimited so maybe that's normal. So that's why I suggested to the OP to do a test.

charsi

I did a plan change to the plan with $15 plan with unlimited incoming. Clicked on plan details for the upcoming change and it looks exactly the same as my current plan again!

Guess they need to update the plan details to include this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@charsi wrote:

There are two plans with limited minutes. The $10 plan with 50 total and the $15 plan with 100 outgoing. The new $15 plan as of yesterday *should* be unlimted incoming like the rest of the plans (except the $10).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@charsi, go into the self serve account, do a plan change and see if you can locate the $15 plan with the unlimited incoming calls feature.  If you see it, select it and apply the change on the next renewal.  Compare the current plan to the new plan and see if the additional feature is displaying properly.  If not, then the issue needs to be taken up with the moderator team. 

Edit:  I just tried making a plan change and it seems like there is at least a reporting glitch in the system.  The only $15 plan available for selection is the new one with unlimited incoming calls.  When I selected it, the pop up shows the correct plan features.  After selecting the plan choosing the option to make the change effective on the next renewal, going back into the change plan screen shows the old $15 plan queued up in the system.  The unlimited incoming calls feature is dropped.  This could be just a notification glitch.  It is conceivable the plan does not have unlimited incoming calls.  I would contact the moderator team and have them look into the situation.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

charsi

@lheintzman wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@charsi wrote:

Hi

I joined public mobile yesterday on the $15/month plan.

The "unlimeted incoming" is the main reason I signed up. But on my account page this is not listed as part of my plan -

Is it still included in the plan?

How are international incoming calls charged?

This is the plan I think I signed up for -

Call this number from another phone and refresh the page and see if the 100 minutes adds 1. Then hang up. Refresh the page. See if there's any change.

Need Help? Let's chat.