cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unlimited incoming minutes - not showing in plan details

Hi

I joined public mobile yesterday on the $15/month plan.

The "Unlimited Incoming Minutes" is the main reason I signed up. But on my account page this is not listed as part of my plan -

Screenshot from 2019-05-01 11-47-17.png

Is it still included in the plan?

How are international incoming calls charged?

This is the plan I think I signed up for -

Screenshot from 2019-05-01 11-50-02.png

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: unlimited incoming - Not showing in plan details

All incoming calls are free on all accounts, regardless of where in the world they originate.  However, if the caller leaves a voicemail, the time you use for message retrieval will count against your minutes

Mayor / Maire

@charsi wrote:

Hi

I joined public mobile yesterday on the $15/month plan.

The "unlimeted incoming" is the main reason I signed up. But on my account page this is not listed as part of my plan -

Is it still included in the plan?

How are international incoming calls charged?

This is the plan I think I signed up for -

Call this number from another phone and refresh the page and see if the 100 minutes adds 1. Then hang up. Refresh the page. See if there's any change.

@lheintzman wrote:

All incoming calls are free on all accounts..

On the plans page only this plan is listed as having unlimited incoming. Are you sure it is free on all plans?

Oracle

@charsi, go into the self serve account, do a plan change and see if you can locate the $15 plan with the unlimited incoming calls feature.  If you see it, select it and apply the change on the next renewal.  Compare the current plan to the new plan and see if the additional feature is displaying properly.  If not, then the issue needs to be taken up with the moderator team. 

Edit:  I just tried making a plan change and it seems like there is at least a reporting glitch in the system.  The only $15 plan available for selection is the new one with unlimited incoming calls.  When I selected it, the pop up shows the correct plan features.  After selecting the plan choosing the option to make the change effective on the next renewal, going back into the change plan screen shows the old $15 plan queued up in the system.  The unlimited incoming calls feature is dropped.  This could be just a notification glitch.  It is conceivable the plan does not have unlimited incoming calls.  I would contact the moderator team and have them look into the situation.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Mayor / Maire

@charsi wrote:

On the plans page only this plan is listed as having unlimited incoming. Are you sure it is free on all plans?

There are two plans with limited minutes. The $10 plan with 50 total and the $15 plan with 100 outgoing. The new $15 plan as of yesterday *should* be unlimted incoming like the rest of the plans (except the $10).

I did a plan change to the plan with $15 plan with unlimited incoming. Clicked on plan details for the upcoming change and it looks exactly the same as my current plan again!

Guess they need to update the plan details to include this.

Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

@charsi, go into the self serve account, do a plan change and see if you can locate the $15 plan with the unlimited incoming calls feature.  If you see it, select it and apply the change on the next renewal.  Compare the current plan to the new plan and see if the additional feature is displaying properly.  If not, then the issue needs to be taken up with the moderator team. 

I did a test future plan change and then went back to see what it showed and it said nothuing about unlimited incoming. Other plans probably don't provide a line saying unlimited so maybe that's normal. So that's why I suggested to the OP to do a test.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@charsi wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:

Yes, I'm sure.  Actually doubt there's any Canadian carrier that charges for incoming calls, but if you know of one, and the circumstances under which the charges are applied, this would be a good forum to share the info.  Always happy to learn..

Mayor / Maire

@lheintzman wrote:

@charsi wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:

Yes, I'm sure.  Actually doubt there's any Canadian carrier that charges for incoming calls, but if you know of one, and the circumstances under which the charges are applied, this would be a good forum to share the info.  Always happy to learn..

I don't know where you get this level of certainty. The $10 plan is 50 minutes total for all incoming and outgoing calls. The new $15 plan has only just started to allow unlimited incoming. But it seems it's not saying so. I'm still wanting the OP to test it but they seem content with the solution they got.