cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited data

LeafLife
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey I just learnt that friends and family just got unlimited data with their current provider for $50/month- includes unlimited calling and texting. Does PM have something like this now? 

14 REPLIES 14

@brid0nca wrote:

@dabr   Did I misread the small print?  Unlimited data at 128kbps after you have exceeded  your 3gb allotment...is that a misprint? I based the calculation on getting an extra 2gb at 3gb LTE on pm's plan.

The Lucky Mobile plan offers 5 GB for $40.  It throttles to 128 kps after you go over your 5GB.  I am only guessing, but your $50 plan only offers 3 GB?  

Public Mobile offers a comparable plan for $38,  no unlimited throttled data offered as of yet though.  

The $50 plan is 8.5gb - $2 reward=$48 per 30 days

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr  My bad...i did misread the small print. Apologies..?

No problem here, just wanted correct info for everyone:)

Absolutely ....not quite myself today.

It's easily done.  I also made an error in another post earlier today too, so not a big deal:)

brid0nca

@dabr   Did I misread the small print?  Unlimited data at 128kbps after you have exceeded  your 3gb allotment...is that a misprint? I based the calculation on getting an extra 2gb at 3gb LTE on pm's plan.

The Lucky Mobile plan offers 5 GB for $40.  It throttles to 128 kps after you go over your 5GB.  I am only guessing, but your $50 plan only offers 3 GB?  

Public Mobile offers a comparable plan for $38,  no unlimited throttled data offered as of yet though.  

@dabr wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Absolutely ....not quite myself today.

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@brid0nca wrote:

Lucky Mobile can do that for $40.  We are still waiting for Public Mobile to come up with a competitive response.

Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling Plan - 4.5GB -  $40/mo

@darlicious  Lucky Mobile's $40 plan and PM's $40 plan offer the same amount of data, except PM gives additional $2/30 day autopay discount, whereas Lucky has unlimited reduced speed data after the plan data is depleted.   Lucky's unlimited data (reduced speeds) is available on all their plans $25+.

Of course PM has other rewards that can reduce the monthly bill, but I think for a lot of users having some sort of data available at all times for basic internet functions is becoming quite important. 

If you click on 'more details' for the Lucky plan, I only see 3g speed for the full 4.5GB+500mb and then reduced speeds after that.  I don't see the 3 GB allotment at 3g speed.   Where are you seeing it?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, but throttling speeds above the advertised limit are typically quite brutal.

@dabr wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@brid0nca wrote:

Lucky Mobile can do that for $40.  We are still waiting for Public Mobile to come up with a competitive response.

@darlicious  Lucky Mobile's $40 plan and PM's $40 plan offer the same amount of data, except PM gives additional $2/30 day autopay discount, whereas Lucky has unlimited reduced speed data after the plan data is depleted.   Lucky's unlimited data (reduced speeds) is available on all their plans $25+.

Of course PM has other rewards that can reduce the monthly bill, but I think for a lot of users having some sort of data available at all times for basic internet functions is becoming quite important. 

@darlicious wrote:

@brid0nca wrote:

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Don't base your decision solely on the unlimited data feature.

People should base on your usage per 30days cycle and pick the correct plan.

I prefer lower monthly payment than something that I may not needed.  Why pay more for something you do not need or use.

@brid0nca wrote:

brid0nca

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LeafLife wrote:

Hey I just learnt that friends and family just got unlimited data with their current provider for $50/month- includes unlimited calling and texting. Does PM have something like this now? 

Great deal if you never leave the city and live in a city that freedom has a network in. Freedom always forward thinking but limited coverage. That's the caveat. I left a grandfathered $40 unlimited data plan from freedom to come to pm.  It may be unlimited data with limited coverage. There's no unlimited roaming in this promotion.

Need Help? Let's chat.