cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited canada wide talking

Worker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan includes unlimited Canada wide talking why can't I call an phone number in Ontario from BC?

13 REPLIES 13

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Every time it happened to me was because of missdial, can you verify the number?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Worker wrote:

Yes I sure did.

When did you activate your account?  Have you been able to dial long distance before.  If you just ported then it can take upto 3 hours to facilitate all the features of your plan.

Porting in a number has not effect on outgoing phone call service.

Noted, thanks

@dabr wrote:

@Worker wrote:

Yes I sure did.

When did you activate your account?  Have you been able to dial long distance before.  If you just ported then it can take upto 3 hours to facilitate all the features of your plan.

Porting in a number has not effect on outgoing phone call service.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Worker wrote:

I'll double check the options. So far only thing worked is adding an extra package called canada long distance calling. Just not sure why I have to add that of I have canada wide talking.

Are you on a limited plan?  Then it's possible you've used up all your plan minutes and would need an add-on to carry out further calls.  The add-on will not expire until you've used up all the minutes, unlike the plan minutes which reset every 30 days.

If login into your account, you'll be able to see in the overview page if you've depleted all the plan minutes.  Scroll down and I think under add-ons it should also list your plan minutes available.  If you don't see any plan minutes line, then you've used them all up and why the new add on is working for you.

Edit:  Actually after re-reading your heading, you shouldn't have any issue with calling since you're on unlimited calling.

Worker

I'll double check the options. So far only thing worked is adding an extra package called canada long distance calling. Just not sure why I have to add that of I have canada wide talking.

@Worker  One other thing to try if all the other suggestions don't work.  Power off your phone, remove SIM, wait 5 mins and re-insert SIM and restart your phone.

If nothing works then you'll need to send a message to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Worker wrote:

My plan includes unlimited Canada wide talking why can't I call an phone number in Ontario from BC?

What happens or what message do you hear when you try calling that number?

The number you are trying to reach. Is it possibly a recently added new area code?

Are you able to call other numbers? Local calls? Other numbers in Ontario?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Worker 

If restart your phone does not work, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your account.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this does not work, try adding $1 to your account.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Can you call the number from a landline or another cell phone ?  Try  rebooting your phone.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Worker wrote:

Yes I sure did.

Worker

Yes I sure did.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you make sure you dial 1 infront of the area code ?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Worker wrote:

Try adding +1 in front of the numbers you are dialling even if they are not long distance.

Need Help? Let's chat.