cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited U.S. calling add-on

StrangeIntrigue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the $8 unlimited U.S. calling add on, does this include incoming calls from the US to me in Canada? Or only outgoing calls from me to the U.S.?

10 REPLIES 10

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hairbag1 ....Exactly!! The caller that is calling you, where ever they are at pays the LD charge.

@StrangeIntrigue wrote:

Unfortunately, I want to be able to receive calls from the U.S. as well.

I have the PM $15 plan...I have 100 minutes of Canada wide calling and as long as I'm in Canada, I can receive a call from anywhere in the world as well. No extra charge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@StrangeIntrigue wrote:

All plans - call all of Canada and answer calls from anywhere while in Canada

$50 plan - call all of Canada and the US and answer calls from anywhere while in Canada

Talk roaming add-ons - call all of Canada and the US and answer calls from Canada and the US while in the US.

(edit: some exceptions)

You could use Wi-Fi apps like Textnow, WhatsApp, Fongo, or Skype.

@StrangeIntrigue wrote:

It doesn't matter which calling plan you're on....if you are in Canada,you will receive calls from anywhere on planet earth, as part of your calling plan.

No extra cost.

StrangeIntrigue

@StrangeIntrigue wrote:

So, there isn't really an ongoing plan to send and receive calls to and from the U.S.? It looks like my only option is to buy packages of minutes? Thanks for your help!

PM has the $50 plan ...you can call the US and Canada while you're in Canada.

If you're in US, you'd need the 10 Day US Roaming options.

StrangeIntrigue

So, there isn't really an ongoing plan to send and receive calls to and from the U.S.? It looks like my only option is to buy packages of minutes? Thanks for your help!

@StrangeIntrigue wrote:

For the $8 unlimited U.S. calling add on, does this include incoming calls from the US to me in Canada? Or only outgoing calls from me to the U.S.?

That add-on is from unlimited incoming (from callers from anywhere) and outgoing calls to U.S. and Canada, but as @NDesai was saying, only while you are in the U.S. This add-on doesn't do anyhthing while you're in Canada.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@StrangeIntrigue Anyone from around the world should be able to reach you while you are in Canada. There is no charge to you for this as it is the caller that has to worry about. The $8 US talk addon is a roaming add-on which means it is only usable when you are in the USA. You will not be able to call US while you are in Canada. There is a separate long distance add-on for that (1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes⁴ $15).

Need Help? Let's chat.