cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Text and Picture Messages

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi everyone, 

I recently joined PM and I have the following plan. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/30for500MB-3Gspeed

There it says that I have unlimited picture messaging. However if I turn off my data, it seems that I cannot send MMS. Also I notice that data is being used for Android Messenger probably when I send MMS messages. Here's a screenshot of what I am talking about; 

Data usage for MMSData usage for MMS

Could anyone explain to me whether I should do anything to get this free MMS feature in my plan? 

Thanks a lot. 🙂 

4 REPLIES 4

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Please, read post above written by matbasm it says "The MMS data itself will not count against your plan data (even if your phone says it is)".

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LEGO: Thanks for your response. In my plan I have 500 MBs of data. What I am thinking is that whether MMS uses this data to send messages, in which case the MMS messages are not actually free. Could you please elaborate whether this is the case? 🙂

UPDATE: @matbasm: Thanks. Your response clarified all my doubts. Thanks all of you for your responses. 

matbasm

@Cheetah24, MMS messages are include with all Public Mobile texting plans.  However, you must have data enabled for the MMS to get through.  The MMS data itself will not count against your plan data (even if your phone says it is).

LEGO

@Cheetah24 All Public Mobile Text option plans include data in order to send and receive MMS, but you cannot use this data for other purposes.

Turn your Data on.

Need Help? Let's chat.