cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Talk is apparently limited

KrisEnders
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the $25 unlimited Canada wide talk plan, when I try to call out, I get a recorded message that I have used all my minutes. Anyone else have this experience?

10 REPLIES 10

yiruiruan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have not personally experienced this problem before but I tend to call 500+ minutes per month and had no issue. Adding the 1 in front of number would get rid of the long distance warning but should not give you any issue. Perhaps answer the questions that people have asked above to further investigate

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Could the plan not have renewed properly?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KrisEnders wrote:

I'm on the $25 unlimited Canada wide talk plan, when I try to call out, I get a recorded message that I have used all my minutes. Anyone else have this experience?

@KrisEnders yes, that has happened to me a few times, and I am on the same plan as you.

Disconnect the call and try again, does the call complete. If so, just ignore that message.

You can also try a reset of your Network Settings, to revamp things.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@KrisEnders Check your self-service account to make sure you have 25$ plan with unlimited Canada-wide calls. Is it so? If yes, try to add +1 in front of the number you are calling.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@KrisEnders 

Can you please screenshot the below section of your self-serve (editing out your phone number)?

HALIMACS_0-1621987502831.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

To get the obvious out of the way...you used 1 or  011 or +1 in front of the country code? Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes. Maybe try not using leading zeros.

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if stil have a issue you need to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

@KrisEnders 

Are you getting a message saying you need a talk feature with your plan? Or a message saying its long distance? Or something else altogether?

Reboot your phone and try dialing with a (1) in front of the number you are dialing. Try calling a phone number you call frequently. If you still get the message wait it out and see if your call connects after it is finished.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KrisEnders : Is this any call you make or just one? If one then would you mind posting the first 6 digits of the number you're trying to call?

Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try dialing 1 + area code.  Also try rebooting your phone.

@KrisEnders wrote:

There is no limited to tthe total amount of minutes that can be used on this plan. Are you calling other Canaidan phone numbers?

Need Help? Let's chat.