cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Unlimited Nationwide TALK ONLY plans?

@Barth wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Barth  but that is a home phone service,  can you use a home phone service sim  in a cell phone?

also after the 12 monhs it goes up to $20/month + dont forget the $65 onetime fee

I did mention the setup fee. What I did not mention was that I spoke to a Koodo booth rep about this plan. His take: (1) a sim is a sim—it will work in a cell phone & (2) call Koodo after 12 months for another year of price reductions. I don't know how well that would work because I didn't go with the plan.

Koodo Sim is Locked to the Home Phones ZTE Devices IMEI. It doesn't work in a Cell Phone.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I find that most people of older generation needs more help using technology. So you have to consider this if switching to PM. They will get very frustrated if they cannot call for customer support. 

I manage both my parents cellphones. Its easier for everyone. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@saeliux wrote:

I find that most people of older generation needs more help using technology. So you have to consider this if switching to PM. They will get very frustrated if they cannot call for customer support. 

Not that I have any data to back this up but I imagine that most PM users experience zero issues. It is just if you spend too much time on this board you might assume there are a lot of problems. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kelvarnsen wrote:

@saeliux wrote:

Not that I have any data to back this up but I imagine that most PM users experience zero issues. It is just if you spend too much time on this board you might assume there are a lot of problems. 

Oh for sure, PM business model is great. I myself am a happy customer, and brought 4 accounts to PM. Only 1 did not go smoothly but resolved well. 

My point was just to consider PM weaknesses if the user is older and not tech savvy. It is a question of how independent the parents want to be. My own parents don't care about being independent :/

But some people care but if they are not tech savvy, they might struggle and regret it when lighting strikes (usually on renewals/credit card expiry).. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mayellah “You said My elderly parents have no use for text or data” and “They only use about 115 -150 minutes”

You can take $10 plan “50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk” and add one 500 minutes add-on @$5 (that never expire).

When they go low on their 500 minutes you simply add another one. You can buy many 500 minutes add-on in advance if you want.

You can activate the SIM yourself with a new number. When they got the SIM, you can also initiate porting yourself. It could be easier if you manage they account.