cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Unlimited Nationwide TALK ONLY plans?

Do add-on minutes roll over or do they expire at the end of billing cycle?

GR
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mayellah they roll over every month until theyre all used up!  Every month they'd start with the 100 outgoing minutes and then go in the extra 500 if needed! 

Oracle

They roll over. I actually bought 3 @$5 addons so that I do t have to worry that often with my dad.

Also if you know someone at pm you can get $10 credit on your first line by using a referal code.  The other person gets $1 off per cycle aswell. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!!! I think that’s the solution... I’m currently on the $25 plan but wanted to switch them over and wasn’t sure what was the best route to go... Thanks again for all your help!!! Now, let’s just hope after buying the SIM and shipping it to them, they can figure out how to swap the SIMS 😐 Phone is already unlocked, so that’s not an issue. 

Hopefully this works out and saves some $$$ 

Oracle

They could go to a retail location and activate there? I'm sure the rep would change Sims and use you referal code. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I see this thread is marked resolved, and I believe this will add more to the conversation.

Koodo offers an unlimited wireless home phone service for $5 per month, plus setup fees, that would be cheaper than the options discussed here.

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone

Oracle

@Barth  but that is a home phone service,  can you use a home phone service sim  in a cell phone?

also after the 12 monhs it goes up to $20/month + dont forget the $65 onetime fee

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The $25 seem to be the best unlimited talk/text at the moment. Still a pretty good deal IMO!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@mimmo wrote:

@Barth  but that is a home phone service,  can you use a home phone service sim  in a cell phone?

also after the 12 monhs it goes up to $20/month + dont forget the $65 onetime fee

I did mention the setup fee. What I did not mention was that I spoke to a Koodo booth rep about this plan. His take: (1) a sim is a sim—it will work in a cell phone & (2) call Koodo after 12 months for another year of price reductions. I don't know how well that would work because I didn't go with the plan.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What I suggest for your Parents is Either the $15 ($13 with Auto Pay) or $20 ($18 with Auto Pay)

$15 Nation Wide calling plan100 outgoing minutes with unlimited incoming with $5 500 Canada Wide Minutes add on which doesn't expire till used up. You can either Purchase the add on one at a time or buy as many as you want. Remember the add on minutes don't expire till used up as long as you keep paying the plan fee or

$20 Province Wide Unlimited Calling Plan with the $5 500 Minutes Canada Wide Add on. Remember the add one don't expire till all used up. Buy one at a time or buy as many as you want. 

Again the above plans are $13 or $18 if you Register a Credit or Debit Card. Remember it just has to be registered in order to get the $2 discount. You can manually top up with the credit card you registered or buy top up cards.  Also with Public Mobile there are no Long distance, pay per use or any other charges what so ever.