cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unlimited Nationwide TALK ONLY plans?

My elderly parents have no use for text or data and was wondering if Public Mobile offers a Nationwide TALK ONLY plan? 

Thinking of switching them to the current $25 unlimited nationwide/ 500mb + 500mb /unlimited text plan, but was wondering if there was something cheaper. Has anyone ever seen such promotion? Cheaper rate?

Thanks!!!  

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Unlimited Nationwide TALK ONLY plans?

$25 is the best rate for a plan that includes unlimited talk. Heck, it's the best rate I've seen in years for a plan with talk/text/data. You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal.

Your parents don't need to use the data on the plan. You can simply disable the data settings on the phone itself. 

@Mayellah wrote:

My elderly parents have no use for text or data and was wondering if Public Mobile offers a Nationwide TALK ONLY plan? 

Thinking of switching them to the current $25 unlimited nationwide/ 500mb + 500mb /unlimited text plan, but was wondering if there was something cheaper. Has anyone ever seen such promotion? Cheaper rate?

Thanks!!!  

Sorry, there is no such plan.  If less expensive is nore important than Canada-wide calling, there is a plan for $20 that includes unlimited province-wide calling.

Thanks... 

We are in different provinces, so unfortunately that wouldn’t work for us. I’m sure it could work for other though, looking for a similar talk only plan. 

True... I’m not even sure they’d even know how to activate/launch it. Regardless, even if they do by accident, thankfully it’s prepaid and I won’t be billed for overage!!! 

Oracle

@Mayellah do you know how much your parents actually talk?  My dad was on the unlimited provincial plan for 20$, recenty I moved him to the 10$, 50 minute plan and bought him 2 $5, 500 minute addons which equaled $ 20 total, he used about only 700 minutes in the end. So he ended up saving as the next month only 1 addon will be purchased.

The 15$ plan includes 100 minutes and unlimited incoming calls.

So you could do either with multiple  500 min addons, if you want to save some money, but it requires a little work on your end. Again this depends on how much they talk. 

Interesting... 

They only use about 115 -150 minutes, but they need nationwide as we live in different provinces... I think my best option is the $25... They are currently with Rogers and have less service/options than what PM is offering $25, yet I’m paying $35 and change 😐.

Great suggestion though for provincewide though!!! 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mh1983 wrote:

$25 is the best rate for a plan that includes unlimited talk. Heck, it's the best rate I've seen in years for a plan with talk/text/data. You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal.

Your parents don't need to use the data on the plan. You can simply disable the data settings on the phone itself. 

It really is a great deal. Plus only $23 if you use autopay. I used to have an unlimited talk and text only plan with Rogers and I was paying $35 a month. 

GR
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mayellah  sounds like the 15$ 100 outgoing minutes and unlimited incoming wold work with the 5$ 500 minute add on like @mimmo said.  Most likely some of what they use is incoming so those would be unlimited! 

Oracle

@Mayellah  if you were referring to my post the 500 min addons are Canada wide and  not the limited talk plans are Canada wide.

@Mayellah wrote:

Interesting... 

They only use about 115 -150 minutes, but they need nationwide as we live in different provinces... I think my best option is the $25... They are currently with Rogers and have less service/options than what PM is offering $25, yet I’m paying $35 and change 😐.

Great suggestion though for provincewide though!!!