cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited International Texts for $15/mth plan

elhota
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The $15/mth plan indicates that I should have unlimited international texting.  But when I'm in the US I tried to send a text and I received a message saying that my plan does not include US Roaming text messaging.  Does this mean that I cannot text when I'm in the US but I can text when I'm anywhere else in the rest of the world?

8 REPLIES 8

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elhota wrote:

The $15/mth plan indicates that I should have unlimited international texting.  But when I'm in the US I tried to send a text and I received a message saying that my plan does not include US Roaming text messaging.  Does this mean that I cannot text when I'm in the US but I can text when I'm anywhere else in the rest of the world?

Your Plan doesn't include Roaming texts. It simply includes texting to anywhere in the world when your are connected to Public Mobile Network. 

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To put it another way it is unlimited international texts with Public Mobile. Since Public Mobile doesn't have any towers outside of Canada they can't send your text.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@elhota wrote:

But when I look at the summary of the features of my plan it says unlimited international texts.  

@elhota you aren't the first and almost certainly wont' be the last person to misinterpret this.  This means that while you are in Canada, you can send and receive an unlimited number of text messages with anyone, no matter what country they are in.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@elhota wrote:

But when I look at the summary of the features of my plan it says unlimited international texts.  

sure, as long as you aren't roaming

Roaming isn't included in the $15 plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elhota wrote:

Public Mobile services only work in Canada. You would need add-ons to function in the US.

International texting simply means you can send and receive to/from anywhere...while in Canada.

A funny quirk is that you can receive-only calls and texts without roaming in the states. But you still need roaming to call or send out.

@elhota wrote:

You can send unlimited texts while you're in Canada.

elhota
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

PM's  $15 plan with unlimited international texting only works whilst your in Canada. You can get a 10 Day US Roaming add-on for texting while in USA.

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.
Need Help? Let's chat.