cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Incoming Calls with $15 per mo. plan.

mpitt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have been on the following phone plan now for over 2 years.
  • 100 minutes Canada-wide minutes
  • +BONUS 250 MB  with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Incoming Calls
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

When I look up my plan usage during the month, incoming calls are deducted from by 100 minutes total call allotment. Why is this happening when clearly, this plan indicates Unlimited Incoming Calls. (This has been the case since I first joined PM.)

6 REPLIES 6

@darlicious    Lol...there certainly was more than a few glitches with the roll out of the updated  $15 plan during spring 2019.   I'd forgotten what a mess it was for a couple of days or so...

@mpitt 

Do you know the date that you activated with (or chose) your $15 plan? The newer version (at the time) of this plan was launched on May 1st 2019. However there was a bit of a glitch for a day or so where customers who switched to the updated plan with unlimited incoming calling were still being "charged" for incoming calling. Is it possible that you are one of these customers but missed the whole 23 page furor over the launch and the expiration of certain plans? 

I skimmed thru that thread and what a debacle! Reminds me of another more recent province wide calling plans debacle!! I also read about the weird glitch of customers plans expiring early.....so I will give @GregJ @a heads up on that one too...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Updated-New-plans-launching-on-April-23...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mpitt wrote:
I have been on the following phone plan now for over 2 years.
  • 100 minutes Canada-wide minutes
  • +BONUS 250 MB  with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Incoming Calls
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

When I look up my plan usage during the month, incoming calls are deducted from by 100 minutes total call allotment. Why is this happening when clearly, this plan indicates Unlimited Incoming Calls. (This has been the case since I first joined PM.)

@mpitt    Just to clarify when you say you are looking at your plan's usage and seeing incoming and outgoing calls being counted, what usage details are you looking at?  Usually checking the View My Usage under My Plan/Change Plan will show all your calling/texting  history (incoming/outgoing) plus any data usage, which doesn't necessarily mean incoming calls are being deducted, just that there was an incoming call. 

Your actual minutes being deducted will be display halfway down the overview page under My Data/Add-ons > Purchase Add-ons>View My Usage.  You should be able to see how mins have been deducted from your 100 plan mins.

Hopefully, you've verified which version of the $15 plan you are currently on as I believe the earliest version of this plan with 100 mins in/out was only available for a few weeks during spring of 2019 before being replaced with the current version and resurrected again after a brief introduction of the province wide calling version a few weeks ago.

Edit:  Also it's a good idea to purchase (if not done already) the $5/500 CW mins add-on to supplement your $15 plan as back up mins for occasions when you've depleted plan mins before renewal.

@mpitt 

Check your plan details for which $15 plan you have.  

See below:

$15 plan details.jpg

If you are on the original $15 plan (without unlimited incoming calls), you can change plans at next renewal as stated above.  

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpitt 

Under My Account, when you select "Change Plan" - you'll see the current plans that @will13am refers to.  For some added detail, you'll have two options when you change your plan: 

• Change Plan Now = immediately changes your plan as if it's a new renewal cycle, resetting everything (and forfeiting any remaining minutes/data/etc) and you pay for the new plan cycle - useful if you've already run out of ___ and need to pay for more*
  • Change on Next Renewal Date = You'll finish up your cycle as usual (so you don't lose anything), and next renewal you'll be on this "new" plan 🙂

BlueB_0-1618320379396.png

* If you've run out of ____ (data, for example) and an Add-on is available, sometimes it's beneficial to buy an Add-on as they typically don't expire.  Every month, it will take out of your regular allotment first before deducting from your Add-on, so that it will be a "backup" again in the future.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mpitt , you have an older version of the $15 plan.  The current version has been around for roughly one year.  I suggest switching to the current version.  Select the change on next renewal option.  

Need Help? Let's chat.