cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

United States

Lori287
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why don't they have 30 day purchases for roaming in the US, it is very annoying to have to purchase every 10 days, could they not have two plans?

10 REPLIES 10

@softech wrote:

@Lori287 wrote:

The reason I don't want to get another phone in the US is I am waiting for Doctor appointments which will be sent to my Public Mobile number.  I do like Public Mobile but don't see why they can't have other options instead of 10 days only.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

via SMS?  I think you can receive text in US even without roaming package.  But of course, Doct appt is important , you don't want to risk it and take a chance

@softech    Yes you can receive texts without roaming but will be unable to text back without the roaming add-on.

@Lori287 wrote:

The reason I don't want to get another phone in the US is I am waiting for Doctor appointments which will be sent to my Public Mobile number.  I do like Public Mobile but don't see why they can't have other options instead of 10 days only.

via SMS?  I think you can receive text in US even without roaming package.  But of course, Doct appt is important , you don't want to risk it and take a chance

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lori287 wrote:

Why don't they have 30 day purchases for roaming in the US, it is very annoying to have to purchase every 10 days, could they not have two plans?

I totally agree with that.

The 10 days is an issue , then renewal is another issue.  You might have to sit out another 24 hours to buy a new 10 days (unless CSA steps in) or you run into another issue if you need to renew early if you used up the data

Lori287
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Lori287 wrote:

I think with the border opening and even before it would be nice to see:

3 day option

14 day option.....drop the 10 day one?

30 day option.  

@CountyDownIeUk   Those would be great options as long as the cost was still reasonable.  I'd also like to see some roaming options outside of US only, perhaps just a texting option at a minimum. 

However, it's very, very unlikely that PM will ever offer more than what they already do on the roaming side.  Oh well...

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lori287 

As others have said, it's meant only for a short trip to the US.  For monthly usage in the US, there are other providers you may be better suited for.  Prepaid SIM cards are very easy to get from any variety of AT&T, Verizon, etc and will also offer you a competitive if not better price than what you'd pay "roaming."

Of course, your idea is a good one too - feel free to suggest it to a CS Agent or another Public Mobile Staff member (eg. Jade_S).

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Lori287 wrote:

I think with the border opening and even before it would be nice to see:

3 day option

14 day option.....drop the 10 day one?

30 day option.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The roaming add-ons are catered for short term visits.  For longer term stays look at mintmobile.com for monthly plans or buying a local sim would be more cost effective.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I guess US roaming add-on is targeting those close to the border who jump for quick shopping or weekend visit to relatives.

For longer stays either you buy add-on every 10 days or get US temporary SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.