cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Error during fetching of promotions

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Has anyone else had their promotions disappear from their account page? I was just checking my account page and noticed that my 2G under My Promotions is missing. It was there yesterday. Now there is a message that says "An unexpected error occurred during fetching of applied promotions." Is this something I should contact moderators about or is it likely to fix  on is own? I logged out and back in twice but the error message is still there.

11 REPLIES 11

J-L

Update for anyone who is following this topic or might be experiencing the same/similar issue. 

A moderator contacted me (quite quickly, I might add 😊) they have sent the issue on to the Tech Dept to check into. 

In the meantime, he suggested I try clearing the history and cash in my browser to see if that would help. I'm not sure if it was something the tech Dept did or clearing the cash or something else, but in any case the issue has been resolved in my account and on my self serve page. 

So I guess I'm also saying whenever you might have problems on your self serve page /with your account it's worth trying clearing your browser history and cash then log out and back in to your account as one of your steps, to see if that helps.

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

This issue likely occurred because of system maintenance, which was scheduled. Things should now have returned to normal.

It hasn't returned to normal.  This error message started showing before the mainteance began and after the maitenance windows, it's on and off.  I wouldnt' worry about it.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This issue likely occurred because of system maintenance, which was scheduled. Things should now have returned to normal.

@J-L wrote:

Has anyone else had their promotions disappear from their account page? I was just checking my account page and noticed that my 2G under My Promotions is missing. It was there yesterday. Now there is a message that says "An unexpected error occurred during fetching of applied promotions." Is this something I should contact moderators about or is it likely to fix  on is own? I logged out and back in twice but the error message is still there.

This fixes itself, and as far as I can tell, this is only a website problem, similar to the site showing that you have no plan.  As such, I really do bot believe that moderators are needed, nor could they do anything about such a self serve website glitch.

J-L

@Lemony_Snicket wrote:

Definitely contact the moderators.  This is an account issue only they can look into.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have now submitted a ticket to ask Moderators to check into it, and also to alert them to the situation in case it was caused by the system maintenance and may be affecting others as well. 

J-L

@popping wrote:

PM self-serve portal is down again to fix something.

If you mean the scheduled system maintenance, I believe that was supposed to be done by 10am. I have been able to access my self-serve page. In any case, I did submit a ticket to alert the Moderators in case the problem is happening to others as well due to the maintenance. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM self-serve portal is down again to fix something.

J-L

@Dunkman wrote:

@J-L 

There was a system maintenance upgrade last night.  That might have messed things up a bit.  Maybe wait a while and see whether it fixes itself.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-maintenance-On-November-10th-201...

If more than one day, then you may want to contact moderator.

EDIT:  Just checked my account.  Everything seems to be in order.  My 1 GB data promo is still showing. 

During last month's system maintenance I was among the group whose rewards were not applied and my bonuses disappeared then as well. That's why I was wondering if it's happened again and if others are affected as well or if mine is an isolated case.

Thanks for responding so quickly. I guess I will wait till tomorrow to see if it resolves itself. But if it's happening to other people as well then Moderators should be made aware. 

Edit: I just rechecked my messages and posts, the problem last month actually happened during plan renewal, but I've submitted a ticket to alert moderators in case it is happening to others as well.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@J-L wrote:

@J-L  Best to submit a ticket for further investigation.

PMST.png

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Definitely contact the moderators.  This is an account issue only they can look into.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@J-L 

There was a system maintenance upgrade last night.  That might have messed things up a bit.  Maybe wait a while and see whether it fixes itself.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-maintenance-On-November-10th-201...

If more than one day, then you may want to contact moderator.

EDIT:  Just checked my account.  Everything seems to be in order.  My 1 GB data promo is still showing. 

Need Help? Let's chat.