cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use data

nazia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have paid to active my plan last week but still I am unable to use data. I can use talktime but not mobile data.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nazia wrote:

@srlawren I have used all of my data before my next renewal date. My next renewal date is June 28.Does it mean I have to wait till 28 to use data?

Yes. This is a prepay service. You don't prepay for overages. The service just stops. You can add data add-ons onto your account to hold you over until the 28th. Or you could go through the mods and do an early renewal. Or you could do an immediate plan change which would lose what you've paid for until the 28th.

Edit: ninja'd by jimmorrison 🙂

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nazia wrote:

@srlawren I have used all of my data before my next renewal date. My next renewal date is June 28.Does it mean I have to wait till 28 to use data?

Yes. unless you buy additonal data add-on to hold you over.

nazia

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mojorising wrote:

@nazia wrote:

500 MB.$30 per 30days

Ok. When you go into your "My Account", in the "My Data & Add-Ons" area how much data used does it show?

@nazia it looks like you've marked this reply from @mojorising as the solution. Is your problem solved? It doesn't sound like it from subsequent replies, so I'm confused.

It you still can't use your data:  when exactly did it stop?  Did it stop before your last renewal date?  Did it stop on your last renewal date?  Or did it stop after?  If your usage on the Overview page of your account shows you've only used 1MB you should have plenty left, so that's not the issue.

Have you checked your phone settings to make sure you didn't accidentally disable your mobile data?  On at least some phones, it's a quick-toggle in the settings menu you pull down from the top, and it's easy to accidentally toggle it without noticing (I'm speaking from personal experience here!).  Also: have you rebooted your phone recently?  If it's been some time, it's definitely worth trying.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

nazia

1MB

Psygineer

@nazia wrote:

500 MB.$30 per 30days

That plan doesn't exist anymore, you should switch to the $25 plan for your next renewal. It gives the same options as that one for $5 less.

mojorising

@nazia wrote:

500 MB.$30 per 30days

Ok. When you go into your "My Account", in the "My Data & Add-Ons" area how much data used does it show?

Psygineer

@nazia wrote:

Yes.I used it before.

So it worked previously and now it suddenly stopped? Did you disable mobile data in your settings? Have you used up all your data already (Streaming videos will kill it fast). There is no overage so if you ran out, you would have nothing left until your next renewal.

Or do you mean it worked on your previous carrier, if so, you still need to adjust the APN for PM.

nazia

Yes.I used it before.

Psygineer

Is your APN set up correctly?

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank