cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive local text

Moody
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to public mobile. I am unable to send or receive local text. I have no US addon. I can make a call and receive call with no issue. 

On iPhone 6plus.  Tried everything. Powered off. Removed the SIM card. Help please. 

Thanks

Moody

15 REPLIES 15

Moody

Chatted with the mods and tried multiple on/off switches.  In summary it looks like need to turn off iMessage on iPhone if you don’t have data plan. Reset your network settings and voila it’s good to go. 

[SOLUTION: marked by Luddite]

@Moody 

@Moody wrote:

When I go to message > send & receive. The phone number has spinning wheel icon. The iCloud has check mark 

Should have a check mark beside the phone number.  Maybe try a network reset or connect your phone to itunes. 

My daughter (iphone 6) had similar issue on the $10 plan with texting issues.  Probably was solved when we bought a 1 GB data add on.  Imessage sometimes needs data to work properly.  Try turning on data (even though you have no data).

Moody

When I go to message > send & receive. The phone number has spinning wheel icon. The iCloud has check mark 

@Moody wrote:

Not porting. Bought the new number from Public last week. Calling number works. Unable to receive SMS

@Moody  Check your privacy settings to make sure you are not blocking incoming texts.

Moody

Not porting. Bought the new number from Public last week. Calling number works. Unable to receive SMS

@MoodySince we don't have any information about your account particulars.. if you are porting from another provider you will need to wait until the porting process is complete.

Moody

Great. Enabling send as SMS setting enables the phone to send out text. Thanks!!

half the problem is solved. Still not receiving incoming text/SMS unfortunately

@MoodyFor thet $10 you need to enable data for iMessage and also enable the following

IMG_0009.JPG

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Moody wrote:

Log off from iCloud. Now I am not receiving any text even on wifi network. Frustrating. Call still work. 

Setting ip first phone for my kid. $10 plan. No data. 

From Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065

Did you turn on cellular data? 

Moody

Log off from iCloud. Now I am not receiving any text even on wifi network. Frustrating. Call still work. 

Setting ip first phone for my kid. $10 plan. No data. 

@MoodySwap your SIM card with a working phone to see if it is a phone problme or a Public Mobile problem. What plan are you on?

Moody

Disabled iMessage. Still does not work. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@MoodyIf you have been using this iPhone with another provider. Try log out your iCloud account via Settings. Then re login again and see if iMessage will take your change.

Since changing a provider is a pretty big deal, I would suggest backup your phone and do a total system reset and start anew.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Moody wrote:

I am new to public mobile. I am unable to send or receive local text. I have no US addon. I can make a call and receive call with no issue. 

On iPhone 6plus.  Tried everything. Powered off. Removed the SIM card. Help please. 

Thanks

Moody

Check the iMessage settings on your iPhone.  You need to enable sending regular texts.

@Moody wrote:

Thanks

Moody

Can you check if text messaging works after disabling iMessage features?

Need Help? Let's chat.