cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make phone calls

UrbanArt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am unable to make phone calls and it says I do not have this as part of my plan when I know I do as I had this plan for years now, I need to make a call that is exteremly important and it won't let me. This is beyone unacceptable or even tolerable I am worried someone housebound could need to make a call and would not be able to, This is wholly unacceptabe and worrying to say the least and now I am worried I cannot trust my phone service anymore, this is makiing sick to my stomach. What can I do to fix this asap?

11 REPLIES 11

holliemaxx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have had the same problem, intermittently. I would "go nuclear", too. It just happened to me, and I talked to SIMon, the bot, who was no help at all. I couldn't get into my community account for over 15 minutes. You can't contact Public without getting into Community first, so that is also frustrating. Go nuclear all you want to. Yes, we live in a great country, but we also have a right to complain when we have an important call to make and our phone says we don't have a phone plan!

@UrbanArt For any future service problems you might like to install an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@UrbanArt wrote:

I could not make any phone calls period, none and that is unsettling. I did not try 911 so if that worked I am not sure but I tried several numbers and none worked I just kept getting you do not have that as part of your plan for almost 45 minutes this morning. I finally was able to borrow a phone from a neighbour to make the call but just never in my days of having a cell phone have this ever happened to me and I was an very early adopter.

I would  not talk about how if you tried 911 because a bunch of people will now do it. 911 will work even with no sim card.  For a 911 test, call non-emergency number of police department to schedule a test.  They will inform 911 dispatch and find a good time but will know it is not an emergency.

UrbanArt

Yes it is.

UrbanArt

I could not make any phone calls period, none and that is unsettling. I did not try 911 so if that worked I am not sure but I tried several numbers and none worked I just kept getting you do not have that as part of your plan for almost 45 minutes this morning. I finally was able to borrow a phone from a neighbour to make the call but just never in my days of having a cell phone have this ever happened to me and I was an very early adopter.

UrbanArt

I am in Ontario and it is working now, like of all the times for it not to work this morning was one of them. I still feel sick over this. It was a extremely important call, I had to ask my neighbour to use their phone and they are on Telus and their phone was fine. I restarted my phone, pulled the card out and did everything I could do on my end and it just decided to work on its own. I understand it is not your fault but this was not the morning to go out on me, just the wrong morning. Thanks for the quick reply but just not happy. 

Joseph

Anonymous
Not applicable

@UrbanArt 

So you've had this service for all these years working perfectly fine and saving you all kinds of money.

Finally a glitch happens to you and you have to go all nuclear.

Perspective. First world problems.

I get it. I sympathize. But the over the top response I don't get.

@UrbanArt wrote:

I was getting a voice message saying I do not have voice calling as part of my plan. Suddenly it decides to work, prior to this I had restarted my phone, pulled out my card and resinserted it and it still did not work. It took me over 45 minutes to get phone service and just as I needed to make a really, really important call. hHatever went wrong cannot happen again, I am just getting over feeling sick to my stomach. Unbeilievable. If it was a network outage I could understand but this, just unaccepatable. 

I can understand your frustration @UrbanArt ..Smiley Frustrated So is it ok now for you to call?

UrbanArt

I was getting a voice message saying I do not have voice calling as part of my plan. Suddenly it decides to work, prior to this I had restarted my phone, pulled out my card and resinserted it and it still did not work. It took me over 45 minutes to get phone service and just as I needed to make a really, really important call. hHatever went wrong cannot happen again, I am just getting over feeling sick to my stomach. Unbeilievable. If it was a network outage I could understand but this, just unaccepatable. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@UrbanArt wrote:

Hi, I am unable to make phone calls and it says I do not have this as part of my plan when I know I do as I had this plan for years now, I need to make a call that is exteremly important and it won't let me. This is beyone unacceptable or even tolerable I am worried someone housebound could need to make a call and would not be able to, This is wholly unacceptabe and worrying to say the least and now I am worried I cannot trust my phone service anymore, this is makiing sick to my stomach. What can I do to fix this asap?

Are you in Quebec and with an old plan legacy?? There is a bug this morning ..patience they will find the way to fix it...Smiley Frustrated

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@UrbanArt wrote:

Does this happen to every number? What about a 1-800 number or trying to call yourself? Make sure you are dialing a “1” to the start of each number. If this doesn’t help make sure you still have minutes left / an active calling plan. If it still doesn’t work you may have a provisioning issue and need to be corrected by the moderator team. Send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.    

It does appear many have this issue this morning but still try the above, and if it does not work there is nothing you can do besides contact the moderator_team and wait for them to fix your service.

As for making a call, you can go to the app store with wifi/data and download a 3rd party calling app like fongo

Need Help? Let's chat.