cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make outgoing calls - says you do not have Talk in your plan

jitinkak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

not sure how to get this resolved quickly. Since morning I am unable to make calls from my number. The automated announcement says “Talk is not included in my plan.”

Strange enough my wife has a public mobile and she is also getting the same announcement.

We are both on $40 4.5GB plan and should have Canada wide calling. Everything was working fine until last evening. 

Had to join my office conference and am stuck with no outgoing calls on all the numbers in my home. 

How can I get this resolved. 

13 REPLIES 13

Gwaiiguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nope haven't recieved anything yet.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Its gonna be pretty straightforward. You provide either the selfserve login and password via a secure link, or enter the phone number you need help with and they text you a verification code that you submit.

Its new and you should be getting that message soon.  Have a look here if you wanna know more:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-how-you-verify-that-you-re-t...

Gwaiiguy

I'm not the account holder so that's gonna be s#$&ty when and if it does that. My ol lady is not proficient with this type of support and trust me, I'm getting an earfull about PM's support style or lack there of. I keep reminding her of the savings but that only goes so far. We have a Telus hub so I remind her that sitting on hold for 3 hrs forfsupportor is any better...

imm1304

I am afraid you just have to wait until the mods get back to you then.  

Just curious, did you get the authentication message from PM with a link to authenticate yourself as the account owner?  Its the newly launched system and wondering how its working so far.  

@Gwaiiguy wrote:

Can recieve calls but says talk not included on any outgoing. Was today tried to get moderator so waiting impatiently.lol 

Gwaiiguy

Can recieve calls but says talk not included on any outgoing. Was today tried to get moderator so waiting impatiently.lol 

imm1304

Hey @Gwaiiguy,

How long has it been since you sent a message to the mods?  

They answer to messages in the order they were received in.  It won't take too long, hang in there.  

Also, when you call out, does the recording say no talk or does it mention long distance?

I ask because if a different area code is being dialed, a default recording re long distance plays sometimes and the call goes through after that.  Dialing 1 before the area code solves this issue.

Gwaiiguy

Same happening to my SO phone. Mine works fine and she can recieve calls. Sent a message to mods but haven't recieved a reply. I so wish there was another option than Telus towers here.😒

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@jitinkak, Sorry to read about your service issue. Please reply to the private message I just sent you so that I can better investigate.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,

Aïssata

Maybe a localized issue.  I'm in the middle of Southwestern Ontario - it's working fine here (province-wide plan)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I wonder if this is a local system problem.  I am able to call.  My location is GTA.  For those who have had a working account, check out the outage map to see if a local network outage is the problem.

http://canadianoutages.com/status/telus/map/

For those who have new accounts and are experiencing calling problems, it could be related to account set up.  For that it might be worthwhile to reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in your private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Icemaid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am also having the same problem, I rebooted my phone and that seemed to work

nahidul

I am getting the announcement. 

Dhagda

Same basic problem .. need this fixed immediately .. got account so i could do buisness right now and now my buisness is getting screwed

Need Help? Let's chat.