cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive calls after changing plan.

Mobarak1982
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I just changed my plan to the $25-plan unlimited calls and texts. Unfortunately, I am unable to make or receive any calls even trying my voicemail. The automating message of (we cannot complete your call you don't have long distance add-on) is always there. when I try calling any number. and when someone tries to call my number only (Thank you) message and then the line hangs up.

Also, texts aren't working.

When I log into your self serve account, what plan do you see?  Have you tried restarting your phone?  If the new (correct) plan shows in self serve, you can try the lost/found phone trick.  Report the phone lost.  Wait a few minutes, then report it found.  Then restart your phone.  This often helps if you have a plan but service is not working.

9 REPLIES 9

charlestjohnson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you soo very much, this lost/stolen phone trick got my phone working again!!

this is what I used after reading Dunkman's helpful post

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

charlestjohnson

I am having this EXACT problem myself... my phone has been down for 3 days now....I really hope public mobile will adjust my billing date once this is resolved.... 

ALSO, I think they NEED to include a NOTICE stating: If you change your account plan, your service may not work for a few days while our system updates...

If I had seen a notice like this, I probably would not have changed my plan... especially during the holidays when friends and family call more

(and yes I have restarted my phone, reset network settings, reconnected to the carrier, disabled and re-enabled data... and still nothing)

Self serve shows my new plan, and *611 says my plan is active, but I have no data (which is odd since I just switched from 3g to 5gb a month...)

/end of rant

@Mobarak1982

In your self service account, is your account states Active or Suspended?  You might want to screenshot your account status page and payment history page (avoid showing personal information)

You already try the lost/stolen trick.  Maybe try the other trick, loading $1 manually into your account.  That also sometimes re-starts your account.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try taking your SIM card out and putting is back in. If that doesn't work call *611 and check the status of your account.

Mobarak1982

@Anonymous

Thank you, tried it but didn't work 

Mobarak1982

I had the $47 plan before, my service was suspended for two months. then I changed the plan today to the $25 plan. 

I am also using the same phone I had for the last year. so only the plan is changed. on myself service account, the new plan is active, and everything looks normal. 

it is strange, I cannot log even to my voicemail. It always has the same message (long distance addon is not included, while it is my phone number!!! how it is considered long distance ??? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mobarak1982, When you log into your self serve account, what plan do you see?  Have you tried restarting your phone?  If the new (correct) plan shows in self serve, you can try the lost/found phone trick.  Report the phone lost.  Wait a few minutes, then report it found.  Then restart your phone.  This often helps if you have a plan but service is not working.

ColdWinters

Really need a little more info:

Did  you have a calling & texting plan previously? Or were you only on data.   If you only had data, then it may take a little time for the change to take place and the new features to work.  

All I can suggest given the info provided.  Other than a payment not going through or missing for the new plan.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mobarak1982 wrote:

Hello, 

I just changed my plan to the $25-plan unlimited calls and texts. Unfortunately, I am unable to make or receive any calls even trying my voicemail. The automating message of (we cannot complete your call you don't have long distance add-on) is always there. when I try calling any number. and when someone tries to call my number only (Thank you) message and then the line hangs up.

Also, texts aren't working.

@Mobarak1982

Did you change your plan before your renewal date..or after renewal date...if you did a plan change mid cycle then your last plan is gone and you will need to pay for the new one...

Need Help? Let's chat.