cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make long-distance call to Germany

a2uw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have purchased the $15 400-minute long-distance add-on and I wish to make a call to Germany, specifically, the Deutsche Bank international student help line at +49 (0) 69 910 10006. (I also tried their ordinary English information line at +49 (0) 69-910 000 to no avail). (Numbers are from here: https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pk/lp/international-clients.html)

I tried dialing "+"49... (long-pressing 0 for the + symbol);  dialing 011 49...; and just straight-up dialing 490...; and in all three cases there's an automated recording saying "Your call could not be completed as dialed. Please check your number and dial again".

Could someone let me know how I can make this long distance call?

5 REPLIES 5

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@a2uw 

The number you're dialing is wrong. Below is the correct number. I just called it.

You have a 0 between 49 and 69 which is incorrect. Correct way to dial the number is below.

Screenshot_20200629_131835.jpg

a2uw

Yes, I tried 011-49-0-69-910-10006 as one of my three attempts as per my post, and it gives me the automated message saying my call could not be completed as dialed.

a2uw

Yes, I believe I have the add-on actually in my account.

I actually bought the add-on quite a while back and was able to use it to make calls to the United States, but there's still 145 minutes out of 400 left on my account (attached screenshot below)

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 10.09.01 AM.png

Log into your account  and make sure the 400 Minutes of International Calling add-on is actually on your account.

Edit; the self serve function isn't working right now...try again a bit later I'm afraid.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

To call Germany from Canada, dial: 011 - 49 - Area Code - Land Phone Number 011 - 49 - 11 Digit Mobile Number

Need Help? Let's chat.