cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make call or text, account is active

darkroast
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My wife just came back from an overseas trip. Her plan renewed while she was out of the country. I checked the account and it is active. However, when she tried to use her phone to make a call (from the airport) the message said she cannot make long distance calls and the plan does not cover such calls - she was making a local call. The phone is registered on the PM network and airplane mode is disabled. When I try to call her phone, it goes straight into voicemail. Appreciate any help.
6 REPLIES 6

darkroast

So it turns out that the renewal payment for the account did not go through.  I have 4 PM accounts and they renew close to one another.  This much activity on the same credit card triggered a security block on the card from the PM system.  I had to use a different card to renew the account and now I have to get the original card unblocked.  Not sure what the way forward is.  I hope this does not happen again in 90 days or so.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to send a private message to the @CS_Agent, giving them your phone number and 4 digit PIN, Account email address.

Detailed explanation of specific your issue .
them can help you a lot nice team service

good luck

darkroast

@will13am, thanks.  I have contacted the moderator team.  Awaiting response.  I will post an update.

darkroast

@matbasm, thanks.  Yes I have powercycled, re-inserted the SIM.  Still having the same issues.  I have sent a message to the moderator team.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@darkroast, since calls to the number go straight to voicemail, that would suggest the problem problem is with the account rather than the phone, particularly when the phone is registered on the network.  Definitely contact the moderator team and have them look at the account.  There may have been a renewal glitch.  Please report back the final resolution so that the community will learn from this to better assist others with similar issues.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darkroast, I will assume you/she has tried power cycling the phone, and that no phone settings were changed while she was overseas(maybe used a local SIM while there).  After that, check the network settings to make sure it is set to automatic.  If that doesn't work, check to see if in network settings it actually sees the Public Mobile network.  If so, you could try selecting that manually.

There is one other thing that comes to mind.  I believe someone else had reported a similar situation, and it simply resolved itself the next day. 

After that, I would recommend sending a private message to the moderators team.  They should be able to get the phone working again.  They should be back on-line at 9AM(EST).

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.