cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make a phone call.

Starry77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

unable to make a phone call. When tried to make phone call, a msg popped up saying my phone# has been changed. ? Potential fraud

21 REPLIES 21

@Starry77 

Do you use the phone number and email for you pm account for any financial institutions, credit cards or accounts like PayPal? You might want to check that none of them have been compromised.

Starry77

Thanks, you’ve been very helpful

@computergeek541  Thank you!

@Starry77  I answered your new thread and also asked moderators to merge both your threads. Here is how to reach moderators even though I just added it to your new thread that eventually be merged with this one. I will add it again here for you.

Two ways to reach them.

1-

Simon.JPG

 2- via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Starry77 

It doesn't always work in some software. 

Use https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Starry77  I see you have another thread from yesterday.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Unable-to-make-a-phone-call/td-p/5505...

Two ways the reach moderators.

1- 

Simon.JPG

2- or via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Oracles @Luddite @ShawnC13  please merge with other thread. Thanks.

Starry77

Where is the ?mark at the bottom of my screen. Did not see any.

Have you logged into your self serve account? If not, please do so? What does the status of your account say?

If the account says active. What kind of phone do you have? Have you tried to reboot it? Does anything work text, data?

What's the area code you're trying to call?. Is it just one number or all numbers?

What plan are you on?

Please provide further details so we can try to assist you. Thanks!

Starry77

I tried but unable , it states my phone# is not active. Hope it’s not compromised 

Starry77

How to connect to a moderator a public mobile representative. I’m getting very frustrated. Unable to make or receive calls. Keeps telling me that it cannot complete my call,no active long distance add on even though it’s a local call. Don’t know what’s going on? I did my paid my bills.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Given the possibility of fraud, it’s a good time to remind everyone to use unique passwords for all their accounts. Too frequently databases /websites are being hacked and the information received, many times emails and passwords, spread across the web. Hackers then use this info to test whether they work on other sites. Not saying that’s what happened, just saying it does. Stay safe

Starry77

Had my phone with PM since April 2919. 

@Starry77 wrote:

When I tried to sign in with my phone #, it says my phone # is not valid. I really need to talk to a supervisor from PM to solve this problem?

@Starry77   Either use the link above or click on the ? mark bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket to moderators who are PM employees.  We are fellow customers and cannot access your account, but can make suggestions for some minor issues.

Starry77

When I tried to sign in with my phone #, it says my phone # is not valid. I really need to talk to a supervisor from PM to solve this problem?

@Starry77 wrote:

Did not change my #. Hardly use this phone to call. Tried to use it today and a pop up message Saying my # has been changed. Strange cause I never change my # . Also when I called it says I don’t have a long distance coverage and the # I called it’s a local#. There’s a pop message from#611 with potential fraud

@Starry77  Submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue and select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the prompts to finish.

Starry77

Did not change my #. Hardly use this phone to call. Tried to use it today and a pop up message Saying my # has been changed. Strange cause I never change my # . Also when I called it says I don’t have a long distance coverage and the # I called it’s a local#. There’s a pop message from#611 with potential fraud

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Starry77 wrote:

unable to make a phone call. When tried to make phone call, a msg popped up saying my phone# has been changed. ? Potential fraud

@Starry77   Did you just activate a new account and port over your number or take a new PM number?  Are you able to receive incoming calls/texts?   Porting can take upto 3 hours to complete, you can use your old SIM until it stops working.

Maybe try rebooting your phone a few times over the next little while.  You can also try powering off your phone, remove SIM, wait 5 mins, reinsert SIM and restart the phone.

Also double check the numbers you are calling and try adding +1 in front of all your numbers.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Starry77  also try logging into your self service account and see if there is indeed a number change under the plan page. Failed port? Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Starry77  Dial 611 if it reports your balance ignore that message.

Need Help? Let's chat.