cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change plan, even though I have available funds

Tillie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, I activated my public mobile sim on May 11 and my account overview says:

• Available Funds: $40.00
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jun 11, 2019
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00
  • Amount Owing: $0.00

I'm trying to change my plan to another one that says "Special Offer! $40 for 4.5 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus", but when I click "change plan now", I keep getting the same message "An error occurred and we were unable to change your plan."

I've tried multiple times, different computers, incognito mode, different plans, same results. Is there something more I could try?

12 REPLIES 12

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

hi there!

Thank you for authenticating!

If I understood correctly, you would like to change your plan to the $40 4,5 GB+500MB for autopay bonus, starting today?

Let me know so that I can proceed with the changes.

Thank you kindly,

Andreea

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I agree with @geopublic, the available funds are there.

Go to change plan, select the plan you want, press change plan now (immediately).  If it asks for a payment, add $1.  It should not ask, but $1 is next to nothing.

@Tillie1 wrote:

I need the plan for this week, it's useless if I wait for a renewal. Also, when I bought the 40 dollar payment voucher, I actually paid 45.20 CAD (40+tax). It wouldn't make any sense to pay 40+tax for the plan when I've already paid the tax for it. I will contact a moderator.

@Tillie1  What plan are you currenty on? Is it the $15.00 plan? From what you described you have the available funds so you should be able to switch to the $40.00 plan immediately. Make sure you have AutoPay enabled. Maybe try a different browser than the one you are currently using.

I’ve just reread your original post.  You have done exactly whate you wish to do, and need to do.

Try signing out of your session in your browser, clear the cliche and clear all cookies.  Sign back in, and try again.

it should work.

@Tillie1 wrote:

I need the plan for this week, it's useless if I wait for a renewal. Also, when I bought the 40 dollar payment voucher, I actually paid 45.20 CAD (40+tax). It wouldn't make any sense to pay 40+tax for the plan when I've already paid the tax for it. I will contact a moderator.

If you wish to make an immediate plan change, you must have available funds and payment equal to, or greater than the amount before taxes, no less.  It will cost the entire full amount, and anytime or money from the current plan left to be used, will be lost, and a refund of unspent money already charged, not available funds, will be lost.

to change on your next renewal, you will only need to apply the additional funds required to get to the full price, and wait for the renewal date to arrive.

So, if you need to change the plan to use the new plan now, you must pay full price to make the plan change.

This is how it works here at Public Mobile.

martybee

I concur about waiting a few hours/days.  The website does seem to go down periodocally.  Sales folks at mobile shop confirmed this as well.  Bunch of people onboarding to Public Mobile now, so I suppose it's quite busy.

Tillie1

Mark2en
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Don’t forget that you can plan the change of your next plan for the date of your renewal, and you’ll see in your account the change of the next plan in stand-by until the date you ask. If you reserve your next plan at renewal, even if the price changes, you’ll have your package reserved.

Also, you need always to have in your account available funds 40CAD+taxes because the prices are indicated without taxes on PM site. Maybe this is the reason of this error.

Have a good one!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Tillie1Wait a few hours then try again. If it's still not working you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you choose to change your plan on your next renewal date you will still be able to switch even if the plan offer expires as long as you already have the change set up.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tillie1 Are you using autopay? If you want to change your plan immediately, you need to add on the taxes portion in your available fund. Even you are using your autopay it won't kick in as it goes every 30 days. $40 + the applicable taxes in your province. If you do so, you should able about to change the plan. 

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tillie1 instead of changing your plan right, try at next renewal.  By switching right now, you'll be required to pay for the new plan while you're other plan is stilll active.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I had this same issue a few days ago when I changed plans and I just waited a couple of hours to try again and the change went through successfully.

Need Help? Let's chat.