cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA talk text roaming?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Perhaps I’m the only one that is in the dark regarding USA roaming.  

If I were to add on a PM roaming option would I then-while in the USA  be able to use my phone for voice and texting just like in Canada?

4 REPLIES 4

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

If I were to add on a PM roaming option would I then-while in the USA  be able to use my phone for voice and texting just like in Canada?

Yes. That's what roaming does.

That’s what I thought but I ask this question because a couple of years ago tried roaming with my then Bell plan and it just didn’t work. Eventually went to a Walmart in Orlando and  bought a sim and set up a prepaid plan with a local provider. 

When you use a roaming option, you need to make sure the phone connects to the roaming partner's network.  Sometimes that requires a bit of manual intervention to force connect to the roaming partner network.  Otherwise, if Bell offers a roaming feature, it should work identical to this service. 

Public Mobile has roaming agreements with T-Mobile and AT&T.  If you have the roaming add-ons enabled, and have automatic network detection turned on, you should connect automatically when crossing or nearing the border.

Sometimes you will need to specifically select the roaming partner network to connect.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

That’s what I thought but I ask this question because a couple of years ago tried roaming with my then Bell plan and it just didn’t work. Eventually went to a Walmart in Orlando and  bought a sim and set up a prepaid plan with a local provider. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.