cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA roaming purchased yesterday but not working

northernbcguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I bought USA data, talk, and text roaming yesterday ($35). I am now in the USA but none of it is working. I've checked:

- Roaming on (yes)

- Data roaming on (yes)

- Reset network settings twice.

- restarted phone 

- manually selected both att and t mobile

Help?

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.40.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.40.57 PM.png

8 REPLIES 8

@northernbcguy wrote:

Ug, solved!

The funds went on the wrong phone 😞 It turns out I was logged into my wife's account this whole time. Must now spend $40-ish adding the data, etc, to my number. Smiley Embarassed

Oops!...frustrating but it happens to most of us sometime or other:)

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Everyone makes mistakes. Glad you figured it out.

northernbcguy

Ug, solved!

The funds went on the wrong phone 😞 It turns out I was logged into my wife's account this whole time. Must now spend $40-ish adding the data, etc, to my number. Smiley Embarassed

@northernbcguy wrote:

Ok tried both networks and restarted phone so far no luck. So strange. It worked fine last time.

Have you verified that the money is not sitting in available funds waiting for you to complete the second step of the two-step process?  

Purchasing addons is a two-step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Your screenshot only shows the payment we would need to see the addon section of your overview page and also that is where you can see if you have the money sitting in Available Funds

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@northernbcguy wrote:

Ok tried both networks and restarted phone so far no luck. So strange. It worked fine last time.

Then you might need to message Moderator_Team or try the improved SIMon (bubble with a question mark) who can submit a form to the moderators for you enabling a faster response time.

northernbcguy

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@northernbcguy  You could try manually selecting AT&T or T-Mobile if you're phone isn't selecting one of them automatically.  Also try rebooting your phone.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Go to your settings mobile networks and try manually selecting a network.. try att.. if not try tmobile

Need Help? Let's chat.