cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA roaming plan

jyb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 1 phone on the 60.00 USA Canada plan that was offered a couple years ago USA roaming included. Any sign of this promo returning. I want to add a second phone to the same kind of plan. 

7 REPLIES 7

at the current moment if one were to purchase a new phone. it is much cheaper and better to go with a 2nd tier provider than public mobile and third tiers.. 

Koodo has an amazing offer right now with there $0 tab program. I did the calculations with an s21 5g and the customer would be saving a couple hundred dollars $60/10gb vs $48/10.5gb(purchased s21 5g from Samsung website @979.99 on sale)

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

With all the issues with payments/ renewals, and even mode of customer support, I would not recommend PM for a business line, one lost call  would be worth more than the savings .

Good point!  Most businesses already have some sort of Corporate arrangement too that provides packaging/discounts of multiple lines/accounts. 

I know some business owners who are thinking about something like Public Mobile as a backup phone after the massive Rogers outage incident in April... that crippled a lot of people and business operations too.  Hopefully it never happens again, however, we like to say that about a lot of things.  🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

With all the issues with payments/ renewals, and even mode of customer support, I would not recommend PM for a business line, one lost call  would be worth more than the savings .

BlueB

I think you make a good point about US-Canada travel, @HALIMACS... I know a lot of people that are itching to travel, and the US is generally more accessible than many other countries.  This may be an opportunity for Public Mobile to entice more customers, especially business travelers... who knows!  Time will tell.  🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jyb 

I don't think this will be offered at this time given international travel restrictions in place. 

When US - Canada travel becomes more mainstream again, perhaps PM might see value in such a re-offering.

@jyb 

Hard to predict future plan changes.  If the competition starts offering a similar plan, there is a better chance for Public mobile to also offer this plan.  I have a feeling not anytime soon though.  

BlueB

Great to have a plan you love!  Unfortunately, plans are always changing and what we've seen in the past often don't make it back for various (business) reasons.  The best thing to do will be to keep an eye out for any plan and promotion changes, and perhaps you'll see something similar re-appear (especially as the borders open up for travel again!).  🙂

Edit: Bonus Tip... you can subscribe to Announcement updates to see posts when they're made.  Check out this thread if you decide to subscribe so you won't miss out on any Announcements (including promotions)!  Here are some instructions...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

Need Help? Let's chat.