cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA roaming addon not working

hpatel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I added a USA call, text, and data addon and it is not working. I am currently in the USA and I cannot send texts, call or use data. Can you please help me?

Regards, 

Hpatel

19 REPLIES 19

@GinYVR Cookies seem likely. This link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ initially opened Simon at "Submit a ticket", but now that I've opened an incognito session it just opens Simon for a new question. Rube Goldberg was a genius compared to PM's system designers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@LudditeI meant by knowing a bit about how Lithium works, it is likely the moderators have access to what thread the Community user had posted when they are pulling up the information. That inforation is probably stored as a cookie on the "ticket submitter"'s browser.

I had noticed some inconsistencies in behaviours when changing / restoring cookies on my browsers.

@dabr wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@GinYVR @dabr @computergeek541 et al With apologies to @hpatel  for usurping this thread. Can you real techies not create a link to will work permanently? Seems stupid to keep telling people in difficulty go to Simon blah blah blah, when we could simply give a link to the "smartform".

Agree!

@Luddite 

Those links to the ticket form stop working.  Trust me, I've tried.  I've yet to figure out if the link expires after someone logs in, after the ticket is submitted, or if it is based on IP address. All I know is that i've given out links to that form, and it ends up being accessible by me but sometimes by no one else.

I will say that the Simon routine is cumbersome.

@GinYVR I  used the smartform to submit a ticket 4 days ago. The very first item was to login with my username and password, then I came to a form that had a box highlighted but I could choose any of them. I found no evidence that the form had any useful info automatically entered.

We are all hoping this rigmarole does something more useful than just provide a ticket number. So far it is not better than private messaging for responsiveness.

@Luddite@dabr I think the problem probably stems from how the programmers decided how SIMon was integrated with the community (so basically bypassing the old authentication procress)... this way probably allows the moderator to reference the original thread etc. Yes one time link could probably be done and more convenient but then there might be other unintended consequences.

Since the decision had already been made the implementation is done, I personally just let it go.

@Luddite wrote:

@GinYVR @dabr @computergeek541 et al With apologies to @hpatel  for usurping this thread. Can you real techies not create a link to will work permanently? Seems stupid to keep telling people in difficulty go to Simon blah blah blah, when we could simply give a link to the "smartform".

Agree!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@GinYVR wrote:

@dabrThe link requires data from the cookies to work. I have also found ad blockers and other privacy add ons also screws up SIMon.

Thanks for the info, because I can click it without any problems, so that may have been the issue for the user getting the error.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@dabrThe link requires data from the cookies to work. I have also found ad blockers and other privacy add ons also screws up SIMon.

@Luddite wrote:

@dabr  Terrific link; thanks. Robot LOL

Couldn't believe the direct links I made for ticket submission kept expiring. PM would be an almost useless carrier without our Community. Robot Sad

@Luddite   Not sure if it's working properly though as another user said they got error 404 when trying it!

@dabr  Terrific link; thanks. Robot LOL

Couldn't believe the direct links I made for ticket submission kept expiring. PM would be an almost useless carrier without our Community. Robot Sad

hpatel

@dabr wrote:

@hpatel wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@hpatel wrote:

Yes roaming is on. I cannot see it in my overview but it is in my payment history. 

@hpatel wrote:

Yes roaming is on. I cannot see it in my overview but it is in my payment history. 

Is the money showing in your balance, maybe you didn't complete the two step process where you add the funds and then need to go back and buy the add-ons.  Do it now if you didn't earlier.

Edit: didn't see your response to Shawn C

I also got texts saying my plan does not have any US roaming. 

@hpatel  Maybe you need to contact moderators via SIMon via this link:https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Only they can access your account and see what happened.

I'll try that 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hpatel wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@hpatel wrote:

@hpatel wrote:

Is the money showing in your balance, maybe you didn't complete the two step process where you add the funds and then need to go back and buy the add-ons.  Do it now if you didn't earlier.

@hpatel  Maybe you need to contact moderators via SIMon via this link:https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Only they can access your account and see what happened.

hpatel

@dabr wrote:

@hpatel wrote:

@hpatel wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hpatel wrote:

@hpatel wrote:

hpatel

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@hpatel wrote:

Hello,

I added a USA call, text, and data addon and it is not working. I am currently in the USA and I cannot send texts, call or use data. Can you please help me?

Regards, 

Hpatel

First off, did you do the two step process.  WIth purchasing add-ons the first step only adds funds to your available funds you will then need to "re-purchase" the add-on to actually activate it.  

If you have done the two-step process do you have roaming turned on and if so can you manually select AT&T or the T~Mobile network?

Yes I did do the two step process. I went to go add it again and it doesn't show up on the list of add-ons. 

hpatel

@dabr wrote:

@hpatel wrote:

Hello,

Regards, 

Hpatel

Have you enable roaming on your phone?  Also do you see the add-ons in your overview page of your account?

You can also try rebooting your phone.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@hpatel wrote:

Hello,

Regards, 

Hpatel

First off, did you do the two step process.  WIth purchasing add-ons the first step only adds funds to your available funds you will then need to "re-purchase" the add-on to actually activate it.  

If you have done the two-step process do you have roaming turned on and if so can you manually select AT&T or the T~Mobile network?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hpatel wrote:

Hello,

Regards, 

Hpatel

Have you enable roaming on your phone?  Also do you see the add-ons in your overview page of your account?

You can also try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.