cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA addons

Stargirl1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to addon media for the USA (yes I’m in the USA) there are no options for buying any of the 3 mb’s- the only 2 listed do not say USA media. Why? There isn’t an option to buy the 10 day talk text media either and when I try to message the moderator with a screenshot of the addon page showing the blank areas it won’t load -why?

28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stargirl1 wrote:

Sadly the moderator has not sorted it and now has resorted to writing me to double check my request - another stall tactic or maybe revelling in their power.

Think what you will...I hardly think so. They want you off their to-do just as much as you want whatever fixed. I recently had a fine experience with them. Prompt, courteous, professional...done.

I guess your issue is complicated or something.

Stargirl1

Sadly the moderator has not sorted it and now has resorted to writing me to double check my request - another stall tactic or maybe revelling in their power.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stargirl1 wrote:

Funny, I don't have any body hacking my other messages (texting and messenger) but maybe PM's private messaging service isn't up to par....sad that!

Seriously?! Have you STILL not had any resolution from the moderators?

Just jump through the hoops and git 'er done.

Stargirl1

Funny (again) I need to go to the community from my account and then log into that to get PM to fix a problem on my account..... Talk about running around the houses. Take ages to get things sorted.

Stargirl1

Funny, I don't have any body hacking my other messages (texting and messenger) but maybe PM's private messaging service isn't up to par....sad that!

@Stargirl1 wrote:

But I know that means verifying my account even though I couldn't send them a message without going thru my account....how silly is that?

Public Mobile has a self service account and a community account. When contacting the moderators you use your community account. Anyone can make a community account. The moderators have to confirm the information on your self service account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stargirl1 wrote:

But I know that means verifying my account even though I couldn't send them a message without going thru my account....how silly is that?

Would you rather it be a free for all where anybody could do anything with your account? I thought not.

Stargirl1

YES we did and having pushed 1 for this option  and 3 for that option we got the robot telling us there's a problem and go online...  Haha I did say that PM is crap. So now I wait for a moderator to sort it out. But I know that means verifying my account even though I couldn't send them a message without going thru my account....how silly is that?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Stargirl1 wrote:

611 doesn't work from here, using another phone doesn't work....total ticked off 

Have you tried calling 1-855-4PUBLIC

Also try *611

@Stargirl1 

Did you try the following to your browser. Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stargirl1 

You still haven't answered the question about what shows under add-ons after clicking Plan Details on your overview page.

You can't re-buy the same roaming add-ons until after they expire.

Stargirl1

We don’t have media so that’ advice is of no use. Also when there are no USA addons listed in column 3 and 4  it means those options you listed are not options to me.  I’m going off PM big time!

You cant buy the same add on without waiting for 24 hours in between. If yiu have already bought the add on, you willnot be able to see it until its available. Since they are being credited back @Stargirl1 alternate your add ons. Buy the either the  

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days. 
Or the
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
And if you require data add One of these data only add-ons.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

In the meantime to save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you previously purchase a US roaming add-on ?

If you want to purchase two of the same U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, you will have to wait for the first 10-day period to expire before buying the second, or you can contact a Moderator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stargirl1 wrote:

Using chrome still nothing

I'd heard PM was crap but now I know.

611 doesn't work from here, using another phone doesn't work....total ticked off 

Try to scan for and find and connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T. It might be that one is weak where you are. 611 is generally accessible for one or the other. Try both. *611 might also be different. The toll-free 18554public should work if you have a wifi voip service or hotel phone or friends phone or heck maybe even a pay phone.

Were you able to look for what roaming add-ons you might have? Had you bought roaming add-ons already in the last 10 days?

@Stargirl1 wrote:

PM isn't Crap, have you had any of these addons in the last 10 days?  Have you tried calling 1-855-4PUBLIC

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Stargirl1

@Stargirl1 wrote:

Haha - jokes on me

611 doesn't work here

Can you call 1-855-4PUBLIC

Stargirl1

Haha - jokes on me

611 doesn't work here

@Stargirl1 wrote:

I have $50 sitting there and no addons to buy with it

Dial 611 from your phone to purchase.

Stargirl1

I have $50 sitting there and no addons to buy with it

Stargirl1

Tried on friends phone...same results

Stargirl1

I have $50 in my account

But can't buy anything that isn't listed on the page. Only 2 options in column 3 and zero options in column 4

Try going into self service again. Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. I prefer to use chrome.

Stargirl1

There is nothing in the 4th column and  the last three options for media in the 3rd column are missing

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

After you choose Purchase Add-ons...scroll to the bottom of the page. That is where they are.

9EEA2901-45D3-4247-BAE1-7BC12CFA4E6F.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Stargirl1 , take a look at this illustrated guide on add-on purchase.  The US roaming add-ons should be on the right.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Please note that you will be credited back for making any US roaming add-ons during April.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stargirl1 wrote:

When I try to addon media for the USA (yes I’m in the USA) there are no options for buying any of the 3 mb’s- the only 2 listed do not say USA media. Why? There isn’t an option to buy the 10 day talk text media either and when I try to message the moderator with a screenshot of the addon page showing the blank areas it won’t load -why?

Do you see any mention of roaming in your data & add-ons area of your overview page?

Do you see any mention of roaming under add-ons after clicking Plan Details?

Did you do both steps? 1. add money 2. buy add-on

Need Help? Let's chat.