cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA addons

Bj2001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What's the matter with PM? Time after time after time they have failed to provide the service I've paid for. My account has been charged for the USA addon but 611 tells me that my phone plan doesn't have texting in USA .....such a load of crap. Cheap obviously brings substandard service 

67 REPLIES 67

@Bj2001  I know I said I would not respond but.

On below link I see you had an issue 3 weeks ago regarding USA add-on and at that time you were able to copy and past your transactions. We've been asking since 3 or 4 pages ago on this thread. Why can't you?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/USA-Addon-Text-messages/td-p/500891/pag...

I also see you been with Public Mobile since 2018 ( or at least opened a community forum Account in 2018)

So I presume your voicemail has worked in the past.

Regarding your voicemail post.. the notification you're getting.. are they now in USA and you're trying to call your voicemail to listen to the messages?? If so, it's known that without a roaming add-on plan you may be able to receive text/notifications while in USA but not able to respond without a USA roaming plan (yes we know you bought a plan and it's not working)

What you can do @Bj2001 is call your cellphone from another phone, landline, hotel phone, payphone, even with TEXTNOW app..

When your voicemail message starts to play press star * enter your voicemail password and you'll be able to listen to your messages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can't help us help you then there's not much more we can do. If you can show us your overview page, your Plan Details and your Payment history then we might be able point out what has happened. But for some reason your phone won't let you. That's not on us or PM.

Bj2001

You know my frustration at this happening time after time and it's PM who have instigated this ridiculous system of sorting out REAL problems and have this quirky idea of getting non paid people to try and resolve our problems and I can tell you I'm neither impressed or happy. If you identify as the company PM then get after the higher ups to do something to fix this problem omce and for all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a good experience with a pure pay as you go service called H2O. It actually introduced me to the alternative phone services out there.

@Bj2001 : maybe your default image saving place could be changed to an sd card. Or having an sd card then the phone itself.

@Bj2001 wrote:

Wow, crappy service is followed up with evrn more crappy service. Why do they think I put the addons on? My screen lights up to tell me I've got voicrmails BUT jokes on me, when l tried calling to hear the voicemail I get "your call cannot be completed because you don't have this service". Did l mention this company strategy(and company) are a joke?

@Bj2001  you do realize the people your talking bad to are not employees of Public Mobile? We are just customers like you trying to help you with your issue. We can understand your frustrations but it does not need to be taken out on everyone here trying to help you....

On that note.. your response of "not enough memory" when trying to post your screen shot. Sounds like a phone hardware issue to me. I was going to suggest that you try private messaging me the screenshot and I'd post it on this forum for you so everyone could see it but I recall that statement now.

Moderators response time is 24 to 48 hours from when you sent the ticket. Wait for them.

In the interim I know you said you only have wifi at a restaurant or office. So you can download TEXTNOW app which will help you when you're online for now.

Another option you have is a 24 hour Walmart. Plenty of them in the USA. Electronic section sells prepaid sims for multiple providers T-Mobile, ATT, boost, cricket, Walmart family mobile, TracFone, Verizon, metropcs, straight talk, etc....ranging from $20 plans to unlimited for around $35/40 USD...so buy one of them to suit your needs ...

I'll leave with one more question to you?...if you did do the two steps to buy an add-on and the add-on shows under the section "My data and add-ons".....did you by chance buy more then one of the same Addons? Cause that would affect you as well.....

Have a good evening and best of luck with your issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bj2001 

Ok...how about copy/paste. Sorry for the mess on a mobile.

Date Transaction Type Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges) Balance

Mar 7, 202030-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$
Mar 7, 2020Reward - Loyalty Recognition/Récompense - Reconnaissance de Fidélité$1.00 $
Mar 7, 2020Reward - Refer-a-Friend ($1 per active friend) /Récompense - Référez-un-ami (1 $ par ami actif)$ $
Mar 7, 2020AutoPay Reward$2.00 $
Mar 7, 2020Reward - Community/Récompense – Communauté$ $

Bj2001

I'm getting tired of having to keep going down to the site office to login with the unrealistic hope that PM moderators would sort the problems out....fat chance as like the previous other times (5) I'm at their mercy

@Bj2001 wrote:

Wow, crappy service is followed up with evrn more crappy service. Why do they think I put the addons on? My screen lights up to tell me I've got voicrmails BUT jokes on me, when l tried calling to hear the voicemail I get "your call cannot be completed because you don't have this service". Did l mention this company strategy(and company) are a joke?

Did you set it up to start with? This is a self serve system. For help  Check here

Bj2001

I've repeatedly tried that but a message pops up saying not enough memory available. 

Bj2001

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bj2001 wrote:

I'd love to post it but there isn't a link or icon on my phone screen to paste or share the screenshot... Is there a trick I'm missing?

First..do you know how to take a screen shot to begin with? Then to edit/crop it to remove anything personal? Then know whatever default place it saves to?

Then in here you click the little camera icon above this typing text box and find the image and post.

@Bj2001 wrote:

I'd love to post it but there isn't a link or icon on my phone screen to paste or share the screenshot... Is there a trick I'm missing?

To add a picture click the camera. Remember to block out personal information.

Screenshot_20200308_223131.jpg

@Bj2001 

Bj2001

@Bj2001 wrote:

So 5 messages and hours later no messages from moderators....this strategy and company are a joke!

@Bj2001  moderators respond typically in 24/48 hours.

Can you post screenshots like asked?

Bj2001

So 5 messages and hours later no messages from moderators....this strategy and company are a joke!

@Bj2001 wrote:

Oh yes...I get the most annoying text messages from 611 telling me I don't have the USA addon package which is crap

Have you posted the screen shots so we can see what activity of payment and purchasing had gone on. We can probably help from there

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Bj2001

Oh yes...I get the most annoying text messages from 611 telling me I don't have the USA addon package which is crap

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

While you wait for a moderator if you have wi-fi access then you could use apps like Textnow or WhatsApp.

@Bj2001  Are you receiving texts? If you cannot recieve texts you may have a different issue. Turn airplane mode on. Wait 5 min. Turn off. Manually connect to at&t or T-Mobile. Try sending a text. Have someone text you. You should be able to recieve texts without any roaming add ons.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bj2001  Try manually connecting to the T-Mobile or the AT&T network and try sending a text.

Also note that you current PM plan needs to be active for it to work.

Bj2001

so 2 hours and waiting - no reply, no fix .....but I paid the money yesterday and did the 10 day clock start yesterday and will it be reloaded to compensate for not only lost time, but the huge frustration factor?

@Bj2001  Use this private message link to contact them directly  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The moderators answer will show up there.

@Bj2001 wrote:

how do you bypass the stupid time wasting bot Simon and get to the moderators so they can start sorting out the problems with the 
USA Addons?

this is such a frustrating company to deal with and I guess that's why they are cheap and hiding behind bots

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai  his other thread is here 

CLICK HERE 

Maybe merge them?

Bj2001

getting the absolutely useless USA Addon to work - its been paid, my phone has been restarted mutliple times and trying to send a message to the moderators means going thru the bot Simon

Private message them at link below. 

CLICK HERE 

@Bj2001 What's the problem exactly? May be we can help you with the problem you are having?

Bj2001

how do you bypass the stupid time wasting bot Simon and get to the moderators so they can start sorting out the problems with the 
USA Addons?

this is such a frustrating company to deal with and I guess that's why they are cheap and hiding behind bots

Bj2001

That would be good but we don't have a media package andonly have wifi when we go to the office or restaurant s

@Bj2001 try manually selecting AT&T as your network and restart. And download the TextNow  app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts for free. 

@Bj2001 wrote:

Yes I've restarted my phone multiple times! Didn't help and only adds to the frustration of PM's crappy service.

Now I get to wait until PM gets around to answering my email and be thankful there isn't an emergency at the moment.

@Bj2001 

In the interim... download the app called TEXTNOW.....you get a Canadian number in your area...where you can call and text USA and Canada numbers for free over wifi.

People can even leave you a voicemail when you're not online.

Need Help? Let's chat.