cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA addon for 17 days?

canadave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm going to be travelling to the USA for 17 days, and I'd like to have talk, data, and text. I know there's the 10-day addon for that. How does it work in terms of making sure i'm covered with it for 17 days? Do I buy two of the addons simultaneously, and it'll use one and then the other? Or do I have to buy one, wait until it's almost used up, and then buy the other addon to extend it?

As an aside--it's frustrating that we can't purchase the US addon and set it to begin at a particular date and time. That means I have to buy it the morning of my trip before I leave for the airport, as I don't want to be fiddling around trying to purchase it using wifi at my destination US airport after I arrive; which in turn means I'm "wasting" some of the addon's time while still in Canada on the outbound trip.

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

But, as @Anonymous pointed out, this should be discussed in it's separate thread since this is about the US add-ons.

It was only because my feeble brain couldn't sort it all out so I bowed out.

@Lieux wrote:

I had to write to the mods @mimmo but they said that nothing can be done to stop the purchase of a new add-on even if it's not finished and you will loose what you had on it.

@Lieux

That seems odd. And it's hard to say what's going on without having more details.

I know for sure that when I added the 1GB add-on (Canadian) before the previous one was completely used. The overview page said something like 1120Mb available (1GB = 1024MB + whatever was left on the previous one). Same with my long distance minutes.

But, as @Anonymous pointed out, this should be discussed in it's separate thread since this is about the US add-ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

I had to write to the mods @mimmo but they said that nothing can be done to stop the purchase of a new add-on even if it's not finished and you will loose what you had on it.

So I'm confused. And maybe I'm a part of it too 🙂 We have a thread/subject talking about US add-ons. There's also talk of the Canada add-ons.

So I'm going to back out of this. Sorry to interject.

It was the 200 Mb for 8$ for data @mimmo

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux which addon are you referring to to?

I had the 1gb data addon it was close to expiring and I bought a second one. The second one simply added on the first from what I remember

Ok @Anonymous you said :we can have multiple same Canada add-ons and the system will use one until finished and then move on to the other. = stacked BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE. You can't stack 2 same canada add-ons..I have tried it and loose the first one which was not finished...the 2nd didn't complete the first one..I'm sorry with my english..i do my best to be cleared and to understand..

mimmo

@Anonymous I believe you can buy multiple data without issues.  If you have talk only and then decide to buy  text and data this causes issues with calling.

mimmo

Yes @Lieux the same usa addon can not be purchased until the 10 days are finished. Ie you can not buy 1gb, and the 5 days later buy it again. You would have to buy the 500mb addon instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

@mimmo just to be sure that you say the same thing I did ... You can't stock 2 SAME add-ons but you can stock 2 DIFFERENTS add-ons. 

I'll interject 🙂

As I understand it and what I think mimmo_L is saying is...we can have multiple same Canada add-ons and the system will use one until finished and then move on to the other. = stacked

The US roaming ones can't be stacked in that the service doesn't work properly. They need to be bought sequentially and separately to work. We can buy 1 texting. We can buy 1 talk. We can buy 1 data. We can't stack multiples of one type.

iirc

@mimmo just to be sure that you say the same thing I did ... You can't stock 2 SAME add-ons but you can stock 2 DIFFERENTS add-ons. 

mimmo

@Lieux wrote:

What do you mean regular add-ons??? @mimmo

Regular addons, = Canadian data and long distance 200 or 400 mins

What do you mean regular add-ons??? @mimmo

mimmo

@Lieux wrote:

No it was not the add-on for USA but add-on for data 200Mb for 10$ @mimmo. It's not the same principle for the add-on USA??

No it is not. 2 of the same USA addons can not be purchased until the first is finished.

Also the regular data addons should stack. They should not cancel each other out.

No it was not the add-on for USA but add-on for data 200Mb for 10$ @mimmo. It's not the same principle for the add-on USA??

mimmo

@Lieux can you go into more details.  You should not be able to buy the same USA add-on till it is finished.

And be careful don't do the same mistake I did.... @canadave If you buy the SAME add-on (because the system will authorize to do itSmiley Sad) but the first one is not finished you will loose what was on it!!!

mimmo

You can also buy the addons by calling 18554public as long as you know your account pin and have funds, or have a credit card on file.

You can also buy it a day early since you plan to buy two addons.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@canadave wrote:

Hi, I'm going to be travelling to the USA for 17 days, and I'd like to have talk, data, and text. I know there's the 10-day addon for that. How does it work in terms of making sure i'm covered with it for 17 days? Do I buy two of the addons simultaneously, and it'll use one and then the other? Or do I have to buy one, wait until it's almost used up, and then buy the other addon to extend it?

As an aside--it's frustrating that we can't purchase the US addon and set it to begin at a particular date and time. That means I have to buy it the morning of my trip before I leave for the airport, as I don't want to be fiddling around trying to purchase it using wifi at my destination US airport after I arrive; which in turn means I'm "wasting" some of the addon's time while still in Canada on the outbound trip.

As well they are 10 calendar days badbased the eastern time zone.  So if you purchase at 9am or 11 pm EST that is day 1 so really buying a few hours earlier while still in Canada is not wasting anytime

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
You will have to buy them separately, wait till the first runs out before buying the second. You may have to wait a day between when the first runs out and you can purchase a second, sometimes it takes a day before the option to buy it comes up again.

mimmo

You have to buy them twice. On the renewal / expire date the addons might take up to 24 hours to reapear before being able to repurchase. So you might have to buy a different ones.

You can have multiple Data addons, but if you have two voice addons at the same time that can cause issues with calling

Have you thought if buying a local sim while in the USA?

Need Help? Let's chat.