cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA add on data not working

NateinTO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased the $20 USA add-on with data last night and drove into USA today. My phone service seems to work just fine, but the data is rarely seems to work. Most of the time it tells me that I am not connected.  Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

NateinTO

But I should add that the problem is not isolated to Virginia. It began as soon as I crossed over into the USA at Buffalo and has continued through my road trip to Virginia. 

@NateinTO wrote:

I am not in a remote or isolated area. I am travelling in Virginia in major cities. My cell phone signal is generally fairly strong. I have no problem with calls or texts using either AT&T or T Mobile. However,  I only seem to get cellular data with AT&T. 

@NateinTO  Maybe a good idea to check to make sure your phone supports the appropriate bands used by T-Mobile in the problem area by checking the area tower maps.

NateinTO

I am not in a remote or isolated area. I am travelling in Virginia in major cities. My cell phone signal is generally fairly strong. I have no problem with calls or texts using either AT&T or T Mobile. However,  I only seem to get cellular data with AT&T. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@NateinTOWhere are you travelling in the US? In areas like outside Yellowstone etc where coverage are sparse no matter it is AT&T or TMobile. You have turned on the roaming option Setting -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options?

NateinTO

I have an iPhone 8. 

@NateinTO wrote:

Thanks for the help, guys.  Turning the phone on and off was my first action, but this didn’t do anything. Switching to a different carrier sometimes helps, although not always. 

@NateinTO  If you don't mind me asking what type of phone do you have?

NateinTO

Thanks for the help, guys.  Turning the phone on and off was my first action, but this didn’t do anything. Switching to a different carrier sometimes helps, although not always. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Haven't heard anything different so I assume @NateinTO  got his data working again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NateinTO 

When you arrive to US, restart you phone with roaming and data enabled.  It will locked into AT&T or T-Mobile.  When you drive across USA, the signal strength of the network you phone connected initially may not strong enough.  You can re-start you phone again or manually select the other network.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@NateinTO wrote:

I purchased the $20 USA add-on with data last night and drove into USA today. My phone service seems to work just fine, but the data is rarely seems to work. Most of the time it tells me that I am not connected.  Any ideas?

@NateinTO  PM has roaming agreements with T-Mobile and AT&T

So maybe try manually connecting to the other provider to see if the connection is better.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try manually selecting a different network either TMobile or AT&T. See if that helps..

Need Help? Let's chat.