cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA (Talk, Text and Data) 10 days for 20$

rickstevens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all;

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

I have asked questions in the past regarding the USA add-on.  These two may be a simple ones to answer but I have to ask anyway, lol.

1) as soon as I add-on USA (T, T & D) the clock starts, correct?  No selection of day and time of when I cross into the USA?

2) the minimal data of 256mb is for the complete 10 day period, right?

3) the 256mb doesn't start to come off my 256mb USA data until I actually turn on my data in the USA and start using it, right?  I have my data on in Ontario all the time and want to make sure I don't loose any of the 256mb.

That's it for my questions for now, lol...

However, I do have a statement for those who make decisions for Public Mobile/Telus.  Roam Mobility had great plans for business travelers and snowbirds with respect to unlimited talk and text as well as great data plans.  I am hoping that P.M./Telus can come up with a similar type of set up for the many, many who travel south of the border before another carrier jumps at the chance.

Anyway, enough of that, LOL.

I look forward to everyone's responses and appreciate it very, very much.

I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Happy Sunday.

Sincerely,

Rick

7 REPLIES 7

rickstevens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you to all....very much appreciated.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@rickstevens 

1.  The 10 days starts as soon as the US add-on is purchased.  If you purchase a US add-on at 11pm, your first day has only 1 hour.  

@popping while this was the case for the first few years of US Roaming add-on availability, apparently this is no longer the case.  Apparently you should expect to get ten full 24-hour days, regardless of the time purchased.  So if you buy at 11pm, it will expire at 10:59:59pm 10 days later.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The roaming expires 10 days from purchase date.  The data only works when you are in the US.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rickstevens 

1.  The 10 days starts as soon as the US add-on is purchased.  If you purchase a US add-on at 11pm, your first day has only 1 hour.  Therefore, it is better to purchase US roaming add-on on the morning your leave Canada.  But it does not matter if your US trip last only a week.

2.  Data, minutes and text will be expired after 10 days.

3.  While you are in Canada, you will be using your plan data and not the US roaming data.

Business traveler question:

Last year, PM offered a $60 plan with 2GB US roaming data and unlimited US roaming minutes and text messages + Data, minutes and texts in Canada.  That plan is no longer offered and is great for business travel.  Let us hope that PM will offer that plan again after opening of US/Canada border.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rickstevens wrote:

Hello all;

I have asked questions in the past regarding the USA add-on.  These two may be a simple ones to answer but I have to ask anyway, lol.

1) as soon as I add-on USA (T, T & D) the clock starts, correct?  No selection of day and time of when I cross into the USA?....Correct

2) the minimal data of 256mb is for the complete 10 day period, right?....Correct again

3) the 256mb doesn't start to come off my 256mb USA data until I actually turn on my data in the USA and start using it, right?  I have my data on in Ontario all the time and want to make sure I don't loose any of the 256mb....The 10 Day US talk/text/data won't work until you are in USA. Your plan data won't work while in US.

However, I do have a statement for those who make decisions for Public Mobile/Telus.  Roam Mobility had great plans for business travelers and snowbirds with respect to unlimited talk and text as well as great data plans.  I am hoping that P.M./Telus can come up with a similar type of set up for the many, many who travel south of the border before another carrier jumps at the chance.

Happy Sunday.

Sincerely,

Rick

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rickstevens wrote:

Hello all;

1) as soon as I add-on USA (T, T & D) the clock starts, correct?  No selection of day and time of when I cross into the USA?

2) the minimal data of 256mb is for the complete 10 day period, right?

3) the 256mb doesn't start to come off my 256mb USA data until I actually turn on my data in the USA and start using it, right?  I have my data on in Ontario all the time and want to make sure I don't loose any of the 256mb.

Happy Sunday.

Sincerely,

Rick

@rickstevens hi the answer to all 3 questions is yes😁

Need Help? Let's chat.